Question Confusion over BIOS Update ?

Omar_14

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2016
Hi everyone! silly question:

I have been using a Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WiFi (rev. 1.x) since it came out, with a Ryzen 5 2600 processor (it's old) and decided it's time to upgrade my setup to new one but before i do that, i wanted to upgrade this current setup for my younger sibling with a new processor and find out I i need to update the BIOS.

The motherboard came with a F30 BIOS and i am planning to upgrade the processor to a Ryzen 5700X3D which requires the very recent version of it and what i found which is kind of confusing to me is that there are some prerequisite's that needs to be done before updating the bios to the current F66d version (i.e. updating EC FW Update Tool, update BIOS to F32).

Now my confusion and question in this regard is, after updating the bios's prerequisite's can i directly update it to the recent version? or do i have to install everything that came after the F32 BIOS version in order until the current version of it?

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
I would advise that you first make sure you're on the latest chipset driver. Then flash to F32 then follow this;
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
then to F40, then to F66d.

Once you've verified you're on the latest BIOS version, clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain residual power. Replace the battery after 30mins.

Omar_14

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2016
I would advise that you first make sure you're on the latest chipset driver. Then flash to F32 then follow this;
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU
then to F40, then to F66d.

Once you've verified you're on the latest BIOS version, clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain residual power. Replace the battery after 30mins.
Thanks for the clarification! clears up the confusions, i will follow the instructions and update accordingly! thanks again! :D

TRENDING THREADS