[SOLVED] Connected via ethernet, No internet access on Windows 10

sebasura

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Hi, this error happened out of nowhere. I have my PC without a WiFi adapter, so it's connected via ethernet. Everything worked fine, W10 installed on an SSD. One day, I turn it on, and it says Connected, but limited internet access (that yellow sign). I thought it was the modem, so I restarted it, but nothing happened. I searched for solutions, tried ipconfig /release,renew, some netsh commands, I reinstalled the LAN drivers and nothing changed (I changed the LAN cable in the router from slot before and after a restart, I even resetted it to default). I noticed that when I unplug the modem, it doesn't say "no ethernet connection available", or disconnected or anything, it shows the same error, as if it was connected. I really don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Oh I'm so embarrassed lol. This was actually my gf's PC, and I forgot she was connected via a router in the middle. Turns out her mom disconnected the ethernet cable in the modem (which never happens, and the modem is basically hidden, so no normal or easy way of interacting with it), but the PC was still connected to the router in the middle, so it showed Connected, but no internet access LOL.
Sorry for not checking that first.

sebasura

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
Oh I'm so embarrassed lol. This was actually my gf's PC, and I forgot she was connected via a router in the middle. Turns out her mom disconnected the ethernet cable in the modem (which never happens, and the modem is basically hidden, so no normal or easy way of interacting with it), but the PC was still connected to the router in the middle, so it showed Connected, but no internet access LOL.
Sorry for not checking that first.

Solution