Question Connecting Coolermaster MF120R and ML360R with rgb hubs

Jul 22, 2019
Hello everybody,
System:
Case: H500m
GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080
CPU: Intel i9 9900k
MOBO: Asus Strix-e Z390 gaming
AIO: Coolermaster ML360R (not purchased yet because that's what this thread is about.)
Other Fans: MF120R (not purchased yet because I have questions regarding the connection.)
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 650W

So I am new to the PC building world
Since I like the whole ARGB stuff i wanted my PC to be as shiny / "rainbow-y" as possible.

I want to install 3x MF120R in the front replacing the 2x200mm ARGB fans.
I want to install another MF120R in the back replacing the non-RGB fan.
On top of that I want to install the ML360R as a AIO ARGB cooling solution which comes with another 3 ARGB fans. They should come with an rgb hub.

So my questions are:

1. In total I have 7 ARGB fans. Is it possible to connect all of them to 1 RGB hub? (Via argb splitter etc.)
  2. If that's not possible can I connect both hubs in a row? Basically what I mean is can I connect one rgb hub to the other as an extension? The reason I am asking is because I want to sync everything via Aura sync but my MOBO only has one 5V_ARGB Header.
3. I also know that the case comes with an included hub/controller in the back but there is no way I can connect 7 fans to that thing right? Or is there any way I can connect on of the hubs to that controller

4. If none of this will work, what is the best possible solution? Smaller AIO with less fans perhaps? Or should I simply not use Aura Sync and control everything with the coolermaster software?

Thank you :)

-pizula

Edit: Not sure if this actually belongs in the cooling section but since I am having question about case fans / aio and stuff I thought this might be correct.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I watched the whole video.

However I still have one more question.

So...In the video 2 fans + Pump were connected to the hub via 3 pin.

In my case I want to have a total of 7 fans (4x MF120R and the 3 fans from theML360R)
Is it possible to connect -all- fans to 1 ARGB hub ( the one in the video)?

Will it work with this one?
https://www.amazon.de/Cooler-Master-Splitterkabel-RGB-Adressierbar/dp/B07HQBCX9L/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=argb+splitter&qid=1563786074&s=computers&sr=1-1

Edit:

And one more thing:

If I connect the hub via the usb header and connect a 3 pin cable to the 5V-ARGB header of my mobo, can I switch between using aura sync and the coolermaster software?

Jul 31, 2019
Hello everybody,
System:
Case: H500m
GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080
CPU: Intel i9 9900k
MOBO: Asus Strix-e Z390 gaming
AIO: Coolermaster ML360R (not purchased yet because that's what this thread is about.)
Other Fans: MF120R (not purchased yet because I have questions regarding the connection.)
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 11 650W

So I am new to the PC building world
Since I like the whole ARGB stuff i wanted my PC to be as shiny / "rainbow-y" as possible.

I want to install 3x MF120R in the front replacing the 2x200mm ARGB fans.
I want to install another MF120R in the back replacing the non-RGB fan.
On top of that I want to install the ML360R as a AIO ARGB cooling solution which comes with another 3 ARGB fans. They should come with an rgb hub.

So my questions are:

1. In total I have 7 ARGB fans. Is it possible to connect all of them to 1 RGB hub? (Via argb splitter etc.)
  2. If that's not possible can I connect both hubs in a row? Basically what I mean is can I connect one rgb hub to the other as an extension? The reason I am asking is because I want to sync everything via Aura sync but my MOBO only has one 5V_ARGB Header.
3. I also know that the case comes with an included hub/controller in the back but there is no way I can connect 7 fans to that thing right? Or is there any way I can connect on of the hubs to that controller

4. If none of this will work, what is the best possible solution? Smaller AIO with less fans perhaps? Or should I simply not use Aura Sync and control everything with the coolermaster software?

Thank you :)

-pizula

Edit: Not sure if this actually belongs in the cooling section but since I am having question about case fans / aio and stuff I thought this might be correct.
very informative