SupunLakmina

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I have 4G LTE wifi router (Huawei b310s-925)[Router A] has only one LAN port. and another router Prolink H5004NK, that I want to cnnect to router A, lan to lan(connected both routers using LAN ports on both devices), and use the internet on both routers and increase the wifi coverage, I tried turning off DHCP on second router, but first router LAN doesn't have DHCP settings. and turning off DHCP on second router can't connect to PC. I would like to know if there is anything else I have to change to get this right.

You have to set the connection type to bridged. That way it will merge the two entities into a singular device, though you'll have to read your manual on how to specifically setup bridge for your main device.

Alternatively, if you want to extend the range of your wireless router you should get an Access Point instead of another router. Access points simply act as a secondary wifi signal source, any device connecting to it sends data straight to the router to process local IP's and packets.

Reactions: SupunLakmina
You want to bridge them. LAN <->LAN
DHCP should only run on 1 of them. It doesn't matter which one as long as the GW is setup to the router connected to the internet. Just run DHCP off that router if you don't want to adjust stuff.

There is a sticky on how to turn a router into an access point.

Reactions: SupunLakmina

SupunLakmina

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
You want to bridge them. LAN <->LAN
DHCP should only run on 1 of them. It doesn't matter which one as long as the GW is setup to the router connected to the internet. Just run DHCP off that router if you don't want to adjust stuff.

There is a sticky on how to turn a router into an access point.

Hi! Appreciate your help,
And I did exactly this and changed the secondary gateway to 192.168.1.2 while primary has 192.168.1.1 and LAN DHCP setting isn't available on the primary router only WLAN DHCP available. (this router has only one LAN port) I don't know if it related.

And I connected to the secondary router using LAN ports and turned on DHCP on the secondary router.
I still couldn't access the internet from the secondary router
Hope you can help me further

Hi! Appreciate your help,
And I did exactly this and changed the secondary gateway to 192.168.1.2 while primary has 192.168.1.1 and LAN DHCP setting isn't available on the primary router only WLAN DHCP available. (this router has only one LAN port) I don't know if it related.

And I connected to the secondary router using LAN ports and turned on DHCP on the secondary router.
I still couldn't access the internet from the secondary router
Hope you can help me further

You can check a client to see if it's routing or not.
Check your clients ip and gateway.

ping 1.1.1.1 and also google.com if the first one works but the second one doesn't then DNS isn't configured.
1.1.1.1 is cloudflare dns and it's a good server.

If nothing is setup you can try to manually set your ip to 192.168.1.100 and default gateway to 192.168.1.1

If the access point can cover wireless for everything you might just want to turn wifi off the modem/router and nest the routers. LAN -> WAN. Then use DHCP and put all your clients on the 2nd. If you nest them the 2nd router must be a different subnet. like 192.168.2.1/24 the 2 makes it a different range. since dhcp on the first isn't working configure the WAN of the 2nd router to 192.168.1.2/24 gw 192.168.1.1

SupunLakmina

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Both routers doesn't have WAN port, secondary one only has rj11 port.
Primary one is LTE 4G router(which we put sim annd connect to internet through sim, but it has router configuration) but I don't know much about these(model : huawei b310s-925)
And still I can't ping LAN - LAN connection