[SOLVED] connecting wifi antenna of pc to one of the router's interface

crazypicklerick

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
I have a newly installed PCI wireless card with ax200 chipset (the one you get from Ali express) and the device has two antennas

my main router sits on my desk and the system is in a cabinet under the table

I thought rather than a connecting system to the antenna and connecting to the router with wifi wirelessly (that how it's usually done ), I connect the antenna wire from system to router interface directly (eliminating wireless element). is it possible and would make any difference in latency and performance?

ps don't tell me to connect with ethernet to the router

Solution
You likely could do it but it will not run anywhere close to the speed of a ethernet cable.

The largest issue I suspect will be the cost of quality cables. You want lm400 or better cable. The very slim cables have a lot of loss. Find cable with the proper ends is not real common since nobody connects 2 devices like you are often. You can not really put ends on microwave rated cable yourself.

Last time I looked cables like this that are only 15ft long cost $50-100 each.
You likely could do it but it will not run anywhere close to the speed of a ethernet cable.

The largest issue I suspect will be the cost of quality cables. You want lm400 or better cable. The very slim cables have a lot of loss. Find cable with the proper ends is not real common since nobody connects 2 devices like you are often. You can not really put ends on microwave rated cable yourself.

Last time I looked cables like this that are only 15ft long cost $50-100 each.

Solution