Question Why do I have connection problems to specific websites with a specific computer?

Apr 5, 2023
hello:>
I have had a new gaming pc for nearly 9 months.
I also have an old laptop that is dying from old age lol
I'm an artist and I really need to do everything with my PC cause the hardware is a lot better than my old laptop but because of a connection problem, I have to switch between them to use social networks or art communities to post something or finding references and its pain in the backside, to be honest
8 months earlier something happened in our country and the whole international internet was blocked for us by the government and yet we can't use regular internet till this days. but when the connection More or less stabilized after that dark days, some weirdo happened to my both computers!!

The problem is:
since then I can't connect to specific websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Telegram, Pinterest, Deviantart, Discord, and Instagram with my new PC!
when I try refreshing the page it shows the "The connection has timed out" error.
But I can connect to these websites with my laptop(with a VPN of course cause they are blocked for us).
I'm using the same connection for both computers even tried different connections including wireless and direct LAN connection with my router and SIM card internet by using hot spot with my phone, and also checked the DNS for both computers and cleared cookies, and make sure both systems using the same VPN or proxy server, same version of updated browsers(firefox and chrome) and everything.
The only difference between my computers is; they use different windows
my laptop is using Windows 8.1 and my new PC is using the latest version of Windows 10, do you think it has something to do with Windows?!

Oh, and I'm also a Gamer and I can connect to Steam or riot games or the other online gaming platforms(To be exact: the uncensored games) without a single problem or slow connection with the new pc, and that makes it much more weird why I can't connect to youtube? for example:|
where is the probleeemmm?!

p.s I should add my connection with the new PC to regular(uncensored websites by the government) websites is okay but it seems everything is loading faster with my laptop but it takes years to anything loading with the new PC!
it looks like VPNs working very slowly or not working at all with specific websites on my Pc

sorry for the long content but I have to explain every detail cause it's really weird why I can't connect to those websites with My new fellow.

Any suggestion?!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
8 months earlier something happened in our country and the whole international internet was blocked for us by the government and yet we can't use regular internet till this days.
Where is this country you speak of?

You might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. You might want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter's drivers changes anything for you.

Mind stating the specs to your PC and the make and model of your router?

Apr 5, 2023
8 months earlier something happened in our country and the whole international internet was blocked for us by the government and yet we can't use regular internet till this days.
Where is this country you speak of?

You might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates. You might want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter's drivers changes anything for you.

Mind stating the specs to your PC and the make and model of your router?
I live in Iran.

Oh, I haven't tried that, I'll check and see what happens!
My router's make and model are:
Tp-link TD-W8961N 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Router

My Pc specs are:
MB: Asus Tuf gaming B560 Plus wifi
CPU:Intel Core i3-10105 Comet Lake 10th Gen
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHz
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Windows 10 64-bit