Question "Consider replacing battery" notification removal

overclocler14

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2017
Hi guys, recently I got my hands on a DELL Latitude D531 laptop and it's working well but Windows 7 constantly thinks the battery needs replacing because it "cannot hold full charge". I say that's not true because the laptop runs on battery for around 2 hours doing light tasks, and nearly three at idle with screen on, and also doesn't shut down randomly, so definitely the battery is in pretty good condition. I know that I can disable the warning by unchecking the box in battery status prompt but i want it to totally disappear. Is there a solution via e.g. commands or changes in registry or do I have just live with it and pretend it's not there. I know that it doesn't make much sense but I just want to remove it.

P.S. I tried callibrating the battery by letting it discharge until it died and then fully recharged. The notification disappeared but after next boot it came up again.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind checking to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop? If you're working with a replacement battery that isn't genuine, you're going to see that error message. There are other articles on the www that showcase it being the result of a bug on certain old computers/laptops running Windows 7.

overclocler14

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2017
I updated the BIOS to the newest A12 revision from july 2013, and it made no difference. Battery is an original one because it would display an warning with not genuine one and also I'ver read that it often refuses to charge them because it "cannot communicate".
So no solution for that because it's too old?