The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
I keep getting black screen (follows with lag), then normal again, and after a few second, the screen went black again, and normal again, and keep repeating. I noticed, sometime it doesn't effect windows components, like the taskbar, or the start menu, so when it black screen, sometime the taskbar, and start menu is still normal, albeit I can't click anything still. I also noticed the problem didn't occurs if there's no movement in the display, like no video, or when I don't scroll anything (moving my mouse doesn't seems to make the problem occurs too) . I can acess my bios with no problem. I would appreciate anyhelp, thanks.

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
uhhh... help? I boot linux from my usb drive, and the problem didn't occurred, so that's mean the problem have something to do with my windows then? any idea how to fix this? I remember windows have an option to repair itself, but I can't remember where.

Edit: When I start windows on safe mode, the problem didn't occurred.

Last edited:

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
ok so I switch to my old r9 270 to check if the problem still there, and it's not, so it must be my gpu fault then? altough, the r9 270 use 6 pins, while the gtx 1080 use 8 pins, so I plug different pins, but the cable is the same, could the problem still be cause by the psu, or it must be cause by the gpu? thanks

oh also, my windows was updated 1 or 2 days before the problem occurred, and I just installed left 4 dead 2 right before the problem happens, I was downloading steam workshop mods when the problem happens for the first time, could that be a problem?

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
I'm sorry for the long wait, because I just check my gpu at a service place, and they did say that the gpu is the trouble, also, when the gpu is tested at another computer, that other computer have the same problem, so that's clearly the gpu, right?