Yesterday night, I started hearing the notification sound of a device connecting and disconnecting every other second. When checking 'Bluetooth & devices > Devices', I saw an unknown USB device that was showing up and disappearing/disconnecting pretty much every other second. It's cooled down now, and rarely connecting and disconnecting right now. For now, I've also lowered the System Sounds in my Volume Mixer so the notification sound isn't as annoying. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've tried several things:
- Disconnecting things connected to the USB ports, then reconnecting them
- Blowing compressed air into the USB ports
- (The Malwarebytes custom scan recently showed nothing)
- 'Device Manager > View > Show hidden devices', going to USB controllers, and uninstalling the unknown USB (this was really annoying since Device Manager was refreshing every other second when the USB was connecting and disconnecting)
- Running chkdsk, as well as chkdsk c: (/f /r? I don't remember) -- both of which showed nothing wrong
- Restarting my laptop
- In 'Device Manager > USB Controllers > Unknown USB > Properties > Details --> Property: Device Instance Path', the Value shown is "USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&39CC0E20&0&1"