Question Constant problems with new MSI mobo

Apr 12, 2022
MSI RTX 3080
MSI mpg b550 gaming edge mobo
16 gb RAM from ballistix
Ryzen 5 5600x CPU
Corsair 750W PSU

Hi, I built a new PC and having a major issue with the new build and not sure what is wrong with it.
I used 3080 GPU just fine from old pc, and bought the new case and mobo to fully utilize its capability, and sadly experienced long list of problems since the first boot.

1. BIOS could not find the Samsung EVO SSD w/ windows, and only after switching the method from AICH to RAID, it found the SSD (which is bizzare)
  2. While using the PC for gaming, PC would make random alert noises that indicates disconnected USB device or newly conncted USB device back and forth, even though I did not add or connect or disconnect any new devices
  3. Around Day 4 since first boot of the new pc, audio stopped working completely, shortly followed by blue screen showing "driver power state failure"
  4. Shortly after that, PC rebooted itself, only to show black screen with one enter sign ( _ ) on the top left, with nothing happening. Could not access BIOS or windows, and was stuck there.

I also realized after opening the cover, mobo showed VGA light was on, suggesting mobo was not finding GPU, that was it was using few hours ago.
Tried rebooting, resetting the BIOS, to no avail. Afraid it would ruin the expensive GPU, I unplugged the whole pc, and eventually took everything apart to see if GPU was faulty.

Luckily, GPU worked just fine when it was moved to the old mobo, which suggests it was the motherboard causing these problems. I already started return process since I bought the motherboard from amazon. I wanted to save some money and bought refurbished product from amazon, so it may have contributed to this problem.

I don't think it is compatibility problem, since the pc was working just fine for 4 days, despite occasional USB disconnections. Would love some insights into this. Is this really faulty mobo?