control + space not working, but space + control works [SOLVED]

Trevader24135

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I found during gaming that control + space doesn't work. using the windows anti-ghosting test (found here: https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/KeyboardGhostingDemo.mspx ), I discovered that when I hold control, then press space, space doesn't register. but when I hold space first THEN press control, both register. I don't think that this is a ghosting problem, because I am using the red-dragon karura which has anti-ghosting for these keys. also, I tried other keyboards, so I'm fairly sure that it's possibly a windows problem (maybe ;) ). any ideas what would cause this problem (ctrl + space), but this isn't a problem (space + control).

Solution
I just found my own problem. I have a program called "always on top" that the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SPACE makes the window remain on top. this conflict never struck me, so my bad.

Trevader24135

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
it's pretty good with limited anti-ghosting however. not to mention, this problem occurs with all other keyboards I've tested. it just doesn't make sense that I can do space+ctrl, but not ctrl+space.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
On my laptop space acts as an interrupter for control oddly. If I hold down control and hit space control stops until I release.

On a standard 104 keyboard I don't have the interruption. But I get the same results you are describing.

Odd I never noticed. I've used a wide variety of membrane keyboards over the years and haven't noticed. And I still use an odd layout for certain games that involves crtl and space being used a lot.

Trevader24135

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
I just found my own problem. I have a program called "always on top" that the keyboard shortcut CTRL + SPACE makes the window remain on top. this conflict never struck me, so my bad.

Solution