Question Cooler Clearance

Jun 10, 2020
Is the HP Z820 cpu cooler(the watercooled vers) good enough or there is enough clearance for a good cooler?

Measure the height available for a tower type air cooler.
The HP Z820 cpu cooler looks to me to be a relatively inefficient liquid cooler whose only claim to fame is that it fits the workstation.
If you have 160mm available, There are any number of tower type air coolers.
CM hyper212 is cheap and reasonable. Noctua NH-D15s is top of the line.

There are some 155mm coolers that will do the job.

Do you really need an aftermarket cooler at all?
Unless your processor is overclocked, a stock cooler will usually do the job.

hp_z820_workstation_teardown_030.png

Is that what we're talking about? HA! What a gimmick.

What is the make/model of the case?
Noctua is one of the few cooler makers who have detailed measurements and motherboard compatibility tables on their web site.
The NH-D15 is a very large cooler and is likely to be difficult.
Here are the specs:
https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15/specification

What is the cpu you need to cool?

If the pc is the pc is the HPZ820 pictured above, it is going to have a hard time because I see virtually no fresh air intake that is required for ANY cooler(aio or air) to do it's job.

Jun 10, 2020
It is not a eight year old machine cuz the there are two vers of this the first gen z820 and second gem z820,which is 5 years old at most,and if i can fit 2 NH-D15s in it, i have to keep the side panel open?

What CPUs does the machine in question have?

Considering they had to tilt 120mm radiators over at a 45 degree angle to clear the side panel in the original, there's little chance an NH-D15 will fit. That's gotta be massive overkill anyway (not to mention the cost of two NH-D15s would be half the cost of the system)

Jun 10, 2020
What is the make/model of the case?
Noctua is one of the few cooler makers who have detailed measurements and motherboard compatibility tables on their web site.
The NH-D15 is a very large cooler and is likely to be difficult.
Here are the specs:
https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15/specification

What is the cpu you need to cool?
I need to cool 2 Xeon E5-2673v2 which is a 110w part, i dont necessarily need the NH-D15 anyway, just enough clearance and better cooling