Jul 27, 2020
Can I Use 'Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P' for my (i5 9600k) first build ever... Below are the Specs -

i5 9600k
Msi GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 OC
Any 8GB x 2 DDR4 Memory

Is 'Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P' a good choice .
Don't have much choices in India right now and on top of that, this is my first build...Have decent theory knowledge but never practically built before...
I hope someone helps, btw I'm plaaning to game only, GTA V, Cricket 19, Euro Truck Simulator, etc.. Aiming for 1080p 60(+) only on high or very high settings...
Edit - Not gonna overclock it , but will set turbo mode to automatic (which it is already by default :) }
So if this is fine, PLease also suggest a budget friendly case too....(upto 100$ maybe).

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You'll be fine but if we knew what else you had access to in India, that'd have been a better idea. So we can tell that your hands are tied and that is the only viable option with your budget. Also, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Reactions: Ayush2017
Jul 27, 2020
You'll be fine but if we knew what else you had access to in India, that'd have been a better idea. So we can tell that your hands are tied and that is the only viable option with your budget. Also, what is your budget and what is your preferred site for purchase?

Purchasing from ' mdcomputers.in , budget for cpu cooler specifically is max 100$ or 10000 in indian rupees ( incl. gst & other txs.)
othere options in my mind right now are these -

1. Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro TR4 ( sorry, only other i find right is this) btw you can check on the website too...... coz All i need is saftey . I don't want heat to wreck havoc on my internal components... though I will only be gaming at 1080p 60..... near or max settings....

Jul 27, 2020
Either cooler would do the job.
But, they are tall coolers(166.5 and 162.8) and may not fit in some cases.
The cm master 500 cases have good airflow and can handle coolers up to 167mm
https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-maste...mcm-h500-ignn-s01.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
'
Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ARGB Cabinet

Wouldn't this be tough or tight fit for my cpu cooler (166.5 mm)... as clearance on case is exact 167mm.... I wonder if this can cause problems inside the case?

https://mdcomputers.in/deepcool-mid...atrexx50-ar-4f-ne.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC - This is the case that i'm thinking about rn... cpu cooler clearance is 168mm.... Can you please take a sec and look the specs mentioned and check whether this would be fine for my system or not? ( I'll be glad). Below are key things -

1. Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND RGB 750W Gold (160mm)
  2. MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X 6G (247 mm)
  3. 'Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P' (166.5 mm)

Thanks very much in advance,,,now I'm feeling a bit safe after creating account here and asking other experienced people.... you know what happens when building pc 1st time...

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020
A fit is a fit. A cooler slightly touching a side panel is not a problem.
Past that, side panels will have a bit of flex.

FWIW, I like the DRP4 as a cooler better.
Dark Rock Pro 4 is 135mm... I guess it'd work but is there a special reason why it's almost 30mm less? Will it perform less too?

Jul 27, 2020
Alright... I've got it figured now.... So I'm using Cooler Master MasterAir MA610P finally with the specs mentioned above ( gpu psu )
have come down to 2 cases, almost same price..... I'll be happy if you finally take a look at these two and tell what you'd choose?

1. Antec P120 Crystal https://mdcomputers.in/antec-mid-tower-p120-crystal.html?sort=p.price&order=DESC
  2. Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ARGB https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-maste...mcm-h500-ignn-s01.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC
Thanks,,, btw psu clearance is not mentioned in these two..so how can i figure out? my psu is Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND RGB 750W Gold (160mm)
Please tell me if dust filters and magnetic filter on both of these cases are good or not? or which one would stop more dust... coz in past, my dell desktop used to get filled with dust killing my ram and blocking the fan, etc....

I would pick #2.
For good airflow, use the mesh front panel.
The glass option may look good but will not cool as well.
It has a filter. If all of your fresh air intake is filtered, your parts stay cleaner.
200mm included fans will move a lot of air quietly.

ATX power supplies are standard in the height(86mm) and width(150mm) dimensions. They vary in depth from 140mm up to perhaps 190mm. Not a problem for you, there is 224mm depth available.

Jul 27, 2020
I would pick #2.
For good airflow, use the mesh front panel.
The glass option may look good but will not cool as well.
It has a filter. If all of your fresh air intake is filtered, your parts stay cleaner.
200mm included fans will move a lot of air quietly.

ATX power supplies are standard in the height(86mm) and width(150mm) dimensions. They vary in depth from 140mm up to perhaps 190mm. Not a problem for you, there is 224mm depth available.
Okay, I'm going with the 2nd one ( Cooler Master H500 ARGB)..... But I want to say that it's not available in mesh here in India... So would it be a bit hot as you asked me to buy a mesh one......??? only tempered glass available..... are those 2x 200mm fans available on non - mesh variant?
Also, i've a question that it doesn't have a dust filter on the back panel..... I get that there needs to be some free space for airflow, but is it possible to do something for back panel too to stop dust from entering backside.......

I read a review on the case. It suggested that it came with a mesh front as well as glass.
Possibly this was an option supplied to the reviewer.
Still, it suggests to me that a mesh front replacement is possible.
Still, you will not need it because your parts run relatively cool.

Jul 27, 2020
I read a review on the case. It suggested that it came with a mesh front as well as glass.
Possibly this was an option supplied to the reviewer.
Still, it suggests to me that a mesh front replacement is possible.
Still, you will not need it because your parts run relatively cool.
Okay one last thing, I recently saw someone saying his motherboard got bent a bit when using this cooler master masterair MA610P.....and few other coolers also did this to many motherboards I see. Now i'm a bit scared suddenly..
Can you explain what this is all about? How does mobo get bend? coz my current old dell pc still has no dent or tilt on motherboard.... maybe coz this is a normal dell inspiron integrated gpu and less powerful...... but still what is this all about? Do I need more expensive mobo or less heavy cooler ???

Large air coolers can be heavy.
In a normal case, the motherboard will be vertical and a cooler will be perhaps a bit top heavy.
This is really not a problem unless you are always bouncing a case around.
Modern motherboard makers know this is how cases are built and build their motherboards strong enough.
I suppose there are some cheap exceptions.

Even some graphics cards tend to sag a bit.
Some cases may even have supports if one is concerned.

If you want, there is no reason that you can't simply lay a case on it's side.
Some cube type cases will also mount a motherboard horizontally.

Jul 27, 2020
Large air coolers can be heavy.
In a normal case, the motherboard will be vertical and a cooler will be perhaps a bit top heavy.
This is really not a problem unless you are always bouncing a case around.
Modern motherboard makers know this is how cases are built and build their motherboards strong enough.
I suppose there are some cheap exceptions.

Even some graphics cards tend to sag a bit.
Some cases may even have supports if one is concerned.

If you want, there is no reason that you can't simply lay a case on it's side.
Some cube type cases will also mount a motherboard horizontally.
Okay, so the case, mobo and cpu cooler that I've chosen would go with each other correctly? Would these parts cause any motherboard bent ever in future? Also, not going to lay the case down, it'll be sitting as it should be on the desk.....
Mobo - MSI mag B365 mortar , cooler & case already described