Coolermaster V10+Antec 902 fit?

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Hey guys, my first post here, usually just trolling around looking at everyone elses posts :)

Anyways, what I'm after is a definate yes or no as to whether ot not my coolermaster V10 will go into the antec 902 case and still be able to mount the side fan.

I'm looking at it and I'm really not sure if it will, but if anyone knows for sure please reply or PM me :)

The Antec Nine Hundred Two case is 8.6 inches wide. It can definitely accomodate 160mm tall, tower style heatsinks. The V10 is actually 161.3mm tall but it will definitely fit inside the Antec case.

Remember to install the memory modules first because the horizontal fan will cover the memory. In addition you will have to use memory modules with standard heatspreaders. Some memory modules come with extra tall heatspreaders. They sort of look like a comb. Those tall heatspreaders will interfere with the the V-10. The tall heatspreaders are a waste of time. Tom's Hardware and other site have conducted thermal tests and determined the tall heatspreaders do not produce any improvement in memory cooling.

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

Oh I know it'll definatley "fit", but will it fit with a 120x25x25mm side fan installed.

Ty for fast reply:)

It will be a tight fit. Luckily the case is 8.6 inches wide which is wider than a standard atx case.

Typically a case has to be 7.8 inches wide for a 160mm tower heatsink and no fan on the side panel. You should have room left over for a fan on the side panel.

There is one other thing I should mention. Adding a fan to a case side panel will produce mixed results. It may or may not lower temperatures. If it does lower temperatures it will typically be less 2 degrees Celsius or less. For the typical user/gamer that is not much of an improvement. You would have to be a hardcore gamer into extremely serious overclocking and tweaking for a suicide mission to save the galaxy from alien invaders.

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

Nicely put lol, thanks for the help :))

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Save yourself some hassle and get a Prolimatech Mega Shadow with 2 fans in push/pull - performs just as well as the V10, is cheaper and smaller.

Plus, red fans on the V10 with blue fans on the 902? C'mon that's not good ;) lol

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

Hehe.

I already have the V10 in my stacker 832, I just don't like the way the bracket doesn't go on , even when removing the top 2 fans.

I have already replaced the fans in the V10 with some pretty UV ones :))

So looking for a new case, I like dthe 902 because it was much smaller then my 832 hehe.

Anyone have any reccomendations for a midi tower that will house my V10? Video card room shouldn't be a problem as my radoen 5850s only just go over the edge of the mobo

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Fair enough as you already have the V10 lol

You could always look at the Raven RV02 or the Fortress FT02 - the 90 degree rotation is very forgiving for long cards and the case is more long than tall.

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I've been looking at the Raven series cases and the Fortress FT02 - I liked them both hehe.

Think I may go with the antec 1200 to be honest.

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010

The FT01 really does look like a masterpeice hehe :)

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I must say with a little external modification the FT02 with window might just be my next case.

Was going for the Raven RV01 because I can't justify the price of a Temjin TJ07 with the amount of mod work I'd have to do to it, but that new Fortress is teasing me!

I had it narrowed down to one of the Silverstone Fortress cases for my new personal system until Lian Li came out with the Lancool Dragon Lord series. A new Intel Core i7 860 system turned out to be expensive.

cavemandave

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I've been playing with the idea of a Lian Li PC-P50 with window.. really pretty case. Also upgrade dthe fans on the V10 and they look REALLY good now with the UV blue and green ACRyans, so looking for something with alot of visability (Just ordered 7 more of them so I can swap out every fan in the antec 1200 with them should I get it)

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Be mindful stripping out the fans on the Antec 1200 because some, if not all of them, are Antec Tricool fans - if variable fan speeds aren't of interest for you then no biggie, but they are wired into switches on the case which you'd have to sort out.