copy one hard drive to another

Tanks, for the help and advice about the 80 gig. Hard Drive and building a
computer.

My new question is, how would I make an exact copy of the 80 gig. Hard drive
to the original hard drive that came in my G6-400 (the original is large
enough to hold the information on the 80 gig. drive)?

I would like to use the G6-400 as a second computer (for my wife, which
would use it to surf the net and general office applications).

Thanks For Any Help And Advice...

You can use a commercial product like Symantec Ghost or Symantec DriveImage;
it's not free, but it is fast.
Most drive makers also have drive-cloning utilities that work (for free)
albeit more slowly.

The utility will work as long as you have at least one of your drives from
the company that provided it (PowerMax/Maxblast from Maxtor, Data Lifeguard
from WD, SeaTools from Seagate, etc.).

"KyJim" <kyjgg@aol.com> wrote in message
> Tanks, for the help and advice about the 80 gig. Hard Drive and building a
> computer.
>
> My new question is, how would I make an exact copy of the 80 gig. Hard
drive
> to the original hard drive that came in my G6-400 (the original is large
> enough to hold the information on the 80 gig. drive)?
>
> I would like to use the G6-400 as a second computer (for my wife, which
> would use it to surf the net and general office applications).
>
> Thanks For Any Help And Advice...

Actually, SeaTools will do the job even if neither drive is a Seagate.

.... Ben Myers