Core 2 Duo E6700 In My Hand!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Here's an eBay listing for an E6700.

$720 including shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Retail-Duo-2-Core-Conroe-E6700-2-67Ghz-4Mb-LGA775_W0QQitemZ300010850795QQihZ020QQcategoryZ80143QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Holy crap! What a bargin....

Geez, even I wouldn't think about that, unless it came with a i975 or i965 motherboard, and at least 1GB of RAM, and a GPU...then, maybe I'll think about it.

The price gouging people do....

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
... with the price of a core2duo i can....

build a new computer for my self
build 2 computers as spares
or build 3-4 headless nodes for a crunch farm...

now lets see.....

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
Now, *places chip in home floor safe*, all i need is for newegg to get those d@mned Asus P5W DH motherboards in and i can complete my new computer build order... *taps fingers*...

Lol your in the exact opposite situation as me, I got my P5W DH, RAM, Case, Vid Card, Power Supply from NewEgg on Friday. Now I just need my E6600, I canceled my E6600 order from TG after their pre-order screwup...

i have an idea, you send me your P5WDH, and.... we'll all be happy! well except for you, but that doesn't really matter, right? *uses telepathic powers* because you want to help LogicSequence... you must send him your P5WDH now.....

ANd if you actually did anything else besdies run solitary and internet explorer on your computer you would upgrade. Most people here actually DO something with their computer. You're just a user that runs IE and email and an occasional solitary.

Most people here run servers, CPU intensive applications, GPU intensive application, Memory hog applications, because they make money with what they do. Other people just like to upgrade every 3-4 years because its a hobby and something they like to do.

What do you like to do besides watching sesame street with your 4 year old grand daughter and solitary on your 486sx25 and using wordperfect 5.0?

Don't knock and offend other people here just because they do more on their PC than you could ever wrap your brain around to possibly comprehend the mechanics of what most of the people here do.

Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand.
Seriously, C2D sounds great and all, but is this really neccesary?

don't flame just because you're jealous ;)
Does it matter? The forum went to hell over a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand. People are throwing out their perfectly good, fire-breathing computers for this wonder chip. I'm not jealous at all, I just find it hard to understand how people can become obsessed with a chunk of sand. My computer is outdated, yet I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Now I'm curious - what are your current specs? Chances are, mine computer is worse than yours.

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
*uses telepathic powers* because you want to help LogicSequence... you must send him your P5WDH now.....

While your at it, can you use your powers and get me a phase-change cooler? :D

thats it a phase change cooler ....
3 ton ac unit is what you want... you can air cool as long as the air is 50 degrees.

shamoo

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005
3 ton ac unit is what you want... you can air cool as long as the air is 50 degrees.

Better make it a 4 ton. I'm using my Prescott system right now. :p

... hmm better go find some nice 3 phase power grid.

also those pics of the core2duo are nice now go bm it and show us some stats.

RichPLS

Champion
You need to drop this in that rig now!!!

atiradeonx1950xtx-photo_wIA3mErhOn5Q.jpg

RichPLS

Champion
Driven by ATi R580+, ATi Radeon X1950XTX is the next trump card from ATi. Its model code and PCB version are 215BAABKA31FG and 102-A91501-00 respectively. Same as R580, it has 16 Pixel Shader pinelines, 48 Pixel Shader processors, and 8 Vertex Shader engine. Features at GDDR4 memory, it’s equipped with 512MB 2GHz DDR. Sources indicated that ATi Radeon X1950 Crossfire is releasing on the same date with XTX version. Similar to the XTX version, the PCB version of the CrossFire version is 102-A98801-00. Both of them are available in late Aug. the final version of ATi Radeon X1950XTX is shown as below, the design of heat sink is a little bit different from those widely spread previously.

Radeon X1950XTX is the replacement of the old king, Radeon X1900XTX, and targeted on nVidia Geforce 7900GTX 512MB. The price of the CrossFire version the same as XTX and is set at $399 to $499.

Samsung and Hynix are producing GDDR4 for manufactures using cutting-edge technologies called DBI (Data Bus Inversion) and Multi-Preamble, enable it to 56% faster than the top model of GDDR3. It’s expected that GDDR4 is going to replace GDDR3 in performance level in the upper half of 2007. The fastest record of GDDR4 is made by Hynix -0.7ns 16M x 32 512Mb GDDR4. It’s able to work in 2.9GHz with 11.6 Gb/s. Hynix plans to release a faster version of GDDR4 with 14.4Gb/s in the end of 2006.
HKEPC

MG37221

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Well, ladies and gentlemen, to all those naysayers out there:

I have my Core 2 Duo E6700 ordered from TigerDirect, IN MY HAND at this very moment. Just got it 15 min ago! Boy was i surprised to hear UPS today, it was supposed to get here WED... But i'm not complaining! And YES, it says on the chip heat spreader itself Intel CoreTM2 DUO 6700.

Now, *places chip in home floor safe*, all i need is for newegg to get those d@mned Asus P5W DH motherboards in and i can complete my new computer build order... *taps fingers*...

EDIT:
Which just proves that if you ordered from TD and you were lucky enough to order quickly, and don't have a backorder tag on your order number, you WILL get your C2D. ;)

Awesome! I wish you a successful build and look forward to reading about your opinions once you've had a chance to play with it for a bit. Oddly enough, my X2 4800 came in today also to replace my X2 3800. Your treat will be bigger than mine perhaps but it's all fun. Competition is a beautiful thing for the consumer!

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

Awesomeness. Please let us know how everything goes!

I was talking to my retailer today and he said he was talking to his 'supplier' and apparently there is a S$%T load of conroe's on the way. About a million to be exact. Shortage? I think not!

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Enjoy the new devices, and let us know when the build finishes, and if it meets your expectations!

May your good dreams come true!