Correct temps for Asus board and Intel CPU?

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

Asus P4C800E Deluxe
Intel P4 3.2 processor

CMOS reports cpu temp 48 C and motherboard temp 130 C

Are these ok? How high can these temps "safely" go?

TIA

Louise

Howdy!

"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Asus P4C800E Deluxe
> Intel P4 3.2 processor
>
> CMOS reports cpu temp 48 C and motherboard temp 130 C
>
> Are these ok? How high can these temps "safely" go?

<mode=dry_humor> I HIGHLY recommend using an honest thermometer on
both of those.

If the motherboard WAS 130C, you'd smell the slowly burning
Plexiglas ...

RwP

A general rule of thumb is that the processor should not exceed a
temperature of about 150 F. However, often the sensors on the
motherboard are not accurate.

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:46:00 GMT, Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote:

>Asus P4C800E Deluxe
>Intel P4 3.2 processor
>
>CMOS reports cpu temp 48 C and motherboard temp 130 C
>
>Are these ok? How high can these temps "safely" go?
>
>TIA
>
>Louise

The motherboard temp is not 130C or it would be fried. More likely you
meant 30C?

--
DaveW

"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Asus P4C800E Deluxe
> Intel P4 3.2 processor
>
> CMOS reports cpu temp 48 C and motherboard temp 130 C
>
> Are these ok? How high can these temps "safely" go?
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

My P4C800 temps are steady at 47C for the CPU, and 35C for the MB.