Corsair 250d questions

gonemad61

Reputable
Aug 8, 2014
I know it only fits the smallest mobo and stuff but I was thinking of moving into that kind of case for my main gaming pc would there be any draw backing to going to that form factor I know I can't stuff a whole lot of stuff in the 250d just wanting to make a high end 1080p system in it also what would be best a all intake system with it or a half intake half exhaust

Solution
You can do an ITX build for basically any task these days, there's not really any downside for the average user.

The 250D is a solid choice if you plan on using a H100i (or similar) and need a full sized optical drive. There really isn't any competition for it at this point, so if that's the route you are considering then it's likely to be your first choice.

Positives
Looks pretty cool.
Window (if you like that kind of thing)
Decent graphics card cooling.
Fits H100i/similar.
Fits full sized optical drive.
Fits basically any power supply.
Fits basically any dual slot graphics card.

Negatives
Very big for ITX, especially in width.
Doesn't fit thicker radiators or support push/pull.
General airflow isn't amazing.
CPU cooler...
This case supports mini ITX form factor mobo. Building a gaming rig for 1080p res in this case is very much possible and easy. Plus this case provides a good air flow and cooling solution as well. You can install full length graphics card, full ATX size PSU. you can also mount 240mm radiator for CPU cooling purpose.

One 140mm fan is included in the case on the front side. You can mount two 120mm fans on side and two 80mm fans on rear.

Rammy

Honorable
You can do an ITX build for basically any task these days, there's not really any downside for the average user.

The 250D is a solid choice if you plan on using a H100i (or similar) and need a full sized optical drive. There really isn't any competition for it at this point, so if that's the route you are considering then it's likely to be your first choice.

Positives
Looks pretty cool.
Window (if you like that kind of thing)
Decent graphics card cooling.
Fits H100i/similar.
Fits full sized optical drive.
Fits basically any power supply.
Fits basically any dual slot graphics card.

Negatives
Very big for ITX, especially in width.
Doesn't fit thicker radiators or support push/pull.
General airflow isn't amazing.
CPU cooler support isn't great - slightly limited liquid cooling options, very limited air cooling options.
Side exhaust means some motherboards aren't particularly well suited.

If you are looking for something small(er), or something that supports CPU air cooling then there's a lot of better options. It's a bit of a one trick pony, but it's a pretty good trick.

Solution