Corsair CX650M PSU Review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yogurtcooling

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

imgur.com/a/MgngL

yogurtcooling

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

no i got the new model with the grey label

I'm pretty sure they are supposed to have a 330uF cap. Anyway I have let Jonnyguru know (he works for Corsair) so we are trying to figure it out. I recall Jonny saying specifically than CXM units do not pass holdup time, so I myself was surprised when I saw this unt did.

Some people want you to post a pic of the serial number on the PSU just for proof it's not the 450W. I believe you 100% but I'm just letting you know that.

rockykoston

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Hey guys, how is that fan connected inside the psu?

If I intend to put a similar size and say a 0.38 A rated fan inside with a 3 pin connector, would it be possible without any soldering?

Newbieold

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
In case anyone is doubting, I can also attest to receiving a unit with a 330uF cap. Newer 650w, grey label.

yogurtcooling

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
will ask for a new sample and I will re-run the hold-up tests. Of course the rating of the CX650M will change. How much? It depends on the test results.

yogurtcooling

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

I think the conclusion of your review should be revised substantially. Ignoring potential issues with the holdup time, If you make minor but fair deductions for the issues noted with the cables, the fan speed and pricing/value I think this unit only rates about 8/10. The only reason to give this unit an award is if the competition is all 5's. While a significant improvement over the previous CX units is it really significantly better than competing units of other brands?

What fan issues?

yogurtcooling

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
the fan will last longer because its always running faster? or the psu will last longer because its cooler? either way i don't think you're correct

Status
Not open for further replies.