Corsair H100i v2 water cooler

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hi all, my son built a PC yesterday and he's using this Corsair H100i v2 water coolor to cool the i7-7700k. I read that this cooler is loud. but we can't hear this thing. I'm wondering if its working. should I be able to hear it? and is the thermal glue that it comes with good enough?

Solution
the loud thing is the fans - they can spin at high RPM.
if you connected all the cables, you are supposed to see the pump and fans speed in corsair's software. there you can also select a profile (silent, performance etc.).
a quicker way would be looking at the fans - spinning = working. and touching the CPU block/pump - slight vibration= working.
Included thermal paste is good enough. As suggested above, check the temps and setup the fans/pump speed accordingly
the loud thing is the fans - they can spin at high RPM.
if you connected all the cables, you are supposed to see the pump and fans speed in corsair's software. there you can also select a profile (silent, performance etc.).
a quicker way would be looking at the fans - spinning = working. and touching the CPU block/pump - slight vibration= working.
Included thermal paste is good enough. As suggested above, check the temps and setup the fans/pump speed accordingly

Solution

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
If your fans aren't spinning, the first thing to check is to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to 100%. That cooler gets all of its power via the fan header and it needs to send the full 12V. Otherwise, there won't be enough power to properly power the pump or the fans.