Question Corsair h60 with i9-9900k

Apr 12, 2019
I bought a system that has a i9-9900k and a corsair h60 as cooler. After doing some more extensive research, it seems like i might have taken a too cheap cooler? Im currently pretty paranoid about it overheating or such.

Apr 12, 2019
The Corsair H60 is fine. If you don't OC, it is even more than needed, actually. If you do OC, then the H60 will also be fine, but you may not get your best OC before you reach a thermal roadblock.
thank you very much for your reply, happy to know that its fine, i wasnt planning on OC anyways :)

Apr 12, 2019
The H60 is really made for non overclocking and more mid end CPUs. I would never have bought the H60 for a top end mainstream CPU. You would be much better off with the H100 or better or a top end air cooler.
thanks for your reply, yes thats what i recently kind of found out, but clutchc's reply said it was fine, could it still work well from your perspective?

I was initially using the Corsair H60 liquid cooler for my testing rig. It’s done a fine job previously, whether it was cooling the Intel Core i7-8700K or AMD’s Ryzen 7 2700X. Boot up the rig with the i9-9900K installed though, and the Corsair H60 is helpless in preventing a system crash.

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-9900k

While it may work "fine" I wouldn't trust it to do the job well enough to keep you in the safe zone.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The i9-9900K is only a 95W CPU at stock clocks. If the OP doesn't plan on OC'ing, the H60 is more than he needs. My old 125W FX-8350 furnace was cooled by a Corsair H60 running at 4.7GHz. The 8350 had to be hitting 140W+ at that clock.

The i9-9900K is only a 95W CPU at stock clocks. If the OP doesn't plan on OC'ing, the H60 is more than he needs. My old 125W FX-8350 furnace was cooled by a Corsair H60 running at 4.7GHz. The 8350 had to be hitting 140W+ at that clock.

I don't disagree however one review that used a H60 had problems keeping it from crashing at stock settings. While he may not experience it I doubt the H60 would be able to keep it cool enough to maintain any of the boost levels. I saw another review where the H60 was barely keeping a 4.6GHz 8700K at 85c so I imagine two more cores and a CPU that uses quite a bit more power would be even harder and will either not stay stable or stay at lower clock speeds.

Apr 12, 2019
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-9900k

While it may work "fine" I wouldn't trust it to do the job well enough to keep you in the safe zone.
I don't disagree however one review that used a H60 had problems keeping it from crashing at stock settings. While he may not experience it I doubt the H60 would be able to keep it cool enough to maintain any of the boost levels. I saw another review where the H60 was barely keeping a 4.6GHz 8700K at 85c so I imagine two more cores and a CPU that uses quite a bit more power would be even harder and will either not stay stable or stay at lower clock speeds.
Just a quick little update, I don't know if im extremely lucky but got my pc yesterday and have been playing all of my games at 4.7 GHZ at 45C .... I must have gotten some golden chip or something :3