Question Corsair hx1000i problems

Jun 16, 2020
I had to put in an rma a bit back since the old one started releasing its magic smoke. I ended up getting the new one and installing it and everything works wonderfully, except for the 6pins non of the 6pin sata or other seem to work.
Any ideas on how to fix that might be something else I'm not sure
I have a
I9-9900k
Asus maximus hero xi
Corsair h100i
Corsair vengeance [I like staying in the same ecosystem]
Samsung evo m2 500gb
And a gtx 1080

I feel like I have something set wrong but it worked before my old motherboard decided it wanted to turn into a welder. It's a fun little story

Any tips are appreciated

Ps I know the hx1000i is overkill but it was a gift and I don't say no to free.

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I had to put in an rma a bit back since the old one started releasing its magic smoke. I ended up getting the new one and installing it and everything works wonderfully, except for the 6pins non of the 6pin sata or other seem to work.
Any ideas on how to fix that might be something else I'm not sure
I have a
I9-9900k
Asus maximus hero xi
Corsair h100i
Corsair vengeance [I like staying in the same ecosystem]
Samsung evo m2 500gb
And a gtx 1080

I feel like I have something set wrong but it worked before my old motherboard decided it wanted to turn into a welder. It's a fun little story

Any tips are appreciated

Ps I know the hx1000i is overkill but it was a gift and I don't say no to free.

Do you mean all the six ports for sata on the psu doesnt work? Either its the cable that you are using or a faulty psu. First try another 6pin to sata cable and check wether its the cable that came with it thats the problem.

Jun 16, 2020
Do you mean all the six ports for sata on the psu doesnt work? Either its the cable that you are using or a faulty psu. First try another 6pin to sata cable and check wether its the cable that came with it thats the problem.
All of the six pin ports on the psu seem to not work i swapped the cables and tried all the ports.
Would be a bummer because it is a brand new psu sent to replace the broken psu.

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I have used ones from an old evga but it seems the pins are different so I don't know if that counts
Oh dont use it some psu tend to have different wiring layouts. So its either the cable is faulty or its the psu, try to get a replacement 6pin for the corsair to test if its cheap or maybe borrow a six pin if you have a friend that can help you out. If it still doesnt work then it has to be the PSU.😕

Jun 16, 2020
Oh dont use it some psu tend to have different wiring layouts. So its either the cable is faulty or its the psu, try to get a replacement 6pin for the corsair to test if its cheap or maybe borrow a six pin if you have a friend that can help you out. If it still doesnt work then it has to be the PSU.😕
I'll hit up amazon and hope for the best. Rma's take forever though