Question Corsair Hydro H115i RGB Platinum with the new MSI MPG SEKIRA 500X

Jtlie

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2013
Hi,

I was planning to build a new pc using the MSI MPG SEKIRA 500X that was announced at computex this year. I also wanted to use the Corsair Hydro H115i RGB Platinum for my cpu cooling but I realized this cooler isn't compatible with MSI's Mystic Light. Also, this case doesn't have room for the additional fans that I get with the cooler. So instead I was thinking to buy the CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO or CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i PRO instead and use the 200mm ARGB fans that I get with the case with the cooler. Would this work? And if it does, how would I need to connect everything? I'm afraid the fans I get with the case are somehow not compatible with the cooler. Or that I'm able to configure the RGB because the fans don't work with iCUE. I don't mind using both Mystic Light and iCUE. I know the case hasn't been release that but if anyone would have some ideas, I would appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
Indeed they aren't compatible simple because the surface area of the fan and the radiator don't match up. You're likely going to be able to jerry-rig the cooler on the case fans but the performance of your cooler will be crippled.