Review Corsair K100 RGB Gaming Keyboard Review: Optical-Mechanical Opulence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby Fruth

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2013
Has there ever been consideration by the Tom's Hardware staff/reviewers of adding a db measurement for gaming keyboards? I purchased one a few years ago, a Razer Black Widow. I loved the features and the build and the green backlight. Unfortunately, I found it too loud for conference calls or working late (wakes up others in the house.) As much as I would have loved to afford a larger house, I had to reluctantly switch to a non-gaming, much more quiet keyboard. Knowing a sound measurement of gaming keyboards might have a significant impact on a purchase decision.

Has there ever been consideration by the Tom's Hardware staff/reviewers of adding a db measurement for gaming keyboards? I purchased one a few years ago, a Razer Black Widow. I loved the features and the build and the green backlight. Unfortunately, I found it too loud for conference calls or working late (wakes up others in the house.) As much as I would have loved to afford a larger house, I had to reluctantly switch to a non-gaming, much more quiet keyboard. Knowing a sound measurement of gaming keyboards might have a significant impact on a purchase decision.
You could put some O-rings on it to try and quieten it a bit, or you could purchase another one with quieter switches, like one with Razer yellow switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.