[SOLVED] Corsair MP510 with Maximus VII Hero 1150

OpenClose

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Hello, I am looking to buy a Corsair MP510 and I was checking if it was compatible with my Z97 Chipset Asus Maximus VII Hero. PCPartPicker says it is, however Corsairs website says it's only available for Intel® 100, 200, X99, and X299 Chipsets, or AMD Socket AM4 Platform.

Can anyone confirm me if it will work with my mobo, which has an i7-4790k?

PS: I already know it won't run at full speed. I am just buying it due to it's sata-like price and with the future in mind!

Solution
Boot on a Z97 board is iffy.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Not all of them can.
If it can, it will require the most recent BIOS update.

It will run not much faster than your current 850, and it will almost certainly disable one or more SATA ports, so you have to adjust for that.

Personally, I'd say leave the 850 as the OS drive, and add this as a secondary. Move some stuff off the current 850.

OpenClose

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Boot. It would be my main. Right now I am running a 250gb Samsung EVO, 850 I think, and I am struggling with space. I could get a bigger one but the price comparison for a 1TB 960 EVO and a Corsair Force MP510 is about 10 bucks here where I live. Don't know if it's the same everywhere.
I would start using it right now, though I know I won't be able to run it at full speed. I am looking to jump into the new Ryzen CPUs after release (and proper reviews), so will end up changing my mobo, CPU and RAM pretty soon.

USAFRet

Titan
Boot on a Z97 board is iffy.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Not all of them can.
If it can, it will require the most recent BIOS update.

It will run not much faster than your current 850, and it will almost certainly disable one or more SATA ports, so you have to adjust for that.

Personally, I'd say leave the 850 as the OS drive, and add this as a secondary. Move some stuff off the current 850.

Reactions: OpenClose
Solution