Corsair Power Connectors

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Does anyone know if the Corsair AX850 and AX1200 share any common connections?
I currently have the AX850 with the individual sleeved white corsair cables and did not want to completely rewire by case unless absolutely necessary when the AX1200 I bought comes in.
AX850 is Seasonic built and the AX1200 is Flextronics built

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
I contacted Corsair by phone and had to leave a message due to all techs being busy on 1/2/13 so when or if they call back I will ask.
Over at Corsair forums I asked and did not get a reply from Corsair directly but a non employee said no dice
I thought that maybe some of the connectors had the same pin out scheme if for no other reason than keep inventories to a minimum.

jb6684

Distinguished
Looking at this link it's not 100% clear..
http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/psu-accessories-1.html?p=2

The only thing that might be different would be the pin out of the connectors. I can't see why any company would have different pin outs though, nothing to be gained from it.....

I have an HX850 and bought the individual sleeved cables too. I was also hoping to move 'em to a 1200watt supply at some point. BUT, I will use my Ohm Meter to test pin outs of each cable, comparing them to the "basic black" ones that come with the 1200watt supply. Just to be sure.....

a1r80rn3

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
check the serial number on the PSU, If it starts with CP then it uses a type 3 connector, if it starts with CMPSU then it uses the older "type 2" cable from our old manufacturer. I believe that our individually sleeved cables are type 3, but let me get back to you later when I know for sure.