Question Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8gb 3200mhz running at 2133mhz (XMP enabled )

Jan 31, 2023
I recently installed 2 more 8gb ram sticks on my pc which were the same as my previous ones. Before, I had 2x8gb of the Corsair vengeance running at 3200mhz fine. I just bought the exact same ram to hav a total of 32gb which should be running at 3200mhz. However, with xmp installed task manager and cpu z shows my ram at 2133mhz with 1.20v. In bios though it’s set to 3200mhz and 1.35v. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

mother board: asrock b450m pro4
CPU: ryzen 7 2700
GPU: nvidia 2060 super

Hey there,

Yes, this can be the limitations of the IMC/Mobo support.

For that CPU, it only supports 2933mhz. However, that is with 2 DIMM slots filled. When you move to a 4x DIMMs, then it can work out even less than that. Sometimes 2666mhz. It all depends on the modules you purchased.

The most likely issue is that the ram you bought, although the same speed/voltage/timings, is actually from different silicon. So they are not guaranteed to work together at rated speeds.

Ideally you should have purchased a 2 x 16gb kit, and sell you current 2 x 8 kit to offset the cost.

That is fairly common when mixing DDR4 ram and Ryzen processors.
Check the ODD MAN OUT section of this post.