Could my Station run this monitor?

Oct 29, 2018
My battlestation is 1050ti and i5-6600k

My only dream is to have a 32:9 monitor, and Samsung/Phillips is releasing one 2018 Q4 with
-5120x1440p
-120hz

Now i want to have this monitor, But it costs a lotta money and will have to save up for approx 2-3 years. Question is should i upgrade my G/CPU to have more than 10fps or not?

I generally Play Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft from time to time if that helps.
I don't expect it to hit 120 fps but it would be nice if it could stay above 60fps. I don't play competitive games so i dont have a need for hundreds of fps

In most games you should consider the 1050 Ti to be a 1080p 60fps card with compromises in settings to keep framerate up. 1080p means the card is dealing with around 2 million pixels. That monitor uses over 7 million pixels.

Now if the games are less demanding, obviously performance will be better. I'm not into KSP or Minecraft, but my understanding is that Minecraft is more about the CPU and not the videocard.

I wouldn't worry about the card now, since you say you will have to save up 2-3 years to get the monitor. At that time you can also take a look at what kinds of videocards are for sale, I'm sure you'll have many more options.

Oct 29, 2018

Than what kind of Combo Do you reccomend?