Counter-Strike Player Gets Knifed in the Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenskye

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
btw how good is a warning about graphic imagery that's on the same page as said graphic images that are in full view? Not that I minded, but others might.

On topic, I don't think I'll be playing games in any internet cafes soon. Not that their are many in the US anyway.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]greenskye[/nom]btw how good is a warning about graphic imagery that's on the same page as said graphic images that are in full view? Not that I minded, but others might.On topic, I don't think I'll be playing games in any internet cafes soon. Not that their are many in the US anyway.[/citation]
From the front page you can't see the warning. but those who read our RSS or click through to news from our news page (http://www.tomshardware.com/news/) can see the article lead subtitles before the full text.

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
i almost can't believe it, but from what i've seen so far, i have no doubt we humans have the stupidity it takes to do this (only some of us of course, not all is lost!)
come on stabbing someone in the head for cheating? oh i get it its the ace-in-the-sleeve-bullet-in-the-head thing from the westerns..

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]What kind of force is needed to push a knife through the freaking skull :S[/citation]
30PSI crushes the human skull so a knife tip would be considerably less, in addition to that, the fact he stayed conscious is amazing.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
This thread is now moderated. The guys who's messages I removed, this is someone who was brutally stabbed over something utterly ridiculous. It isn't something to joke about and take lightly. Making disgusting jokes not welcomed in this article. Let's keep it clean, please.

Thanks / Tuan

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
That looks terrible...
Some things look so bad they almost look fake.
But that x-ray looks pretty amazing, considering the guy is still alive.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
WARNING: YOU ARE READING TEXT. Really, seriously. Don't show the image on the same page of the warning, ESPECIALLY if it's viewable without even scrolling the page down.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]This thread is now moderated. The guys who's messages I removed, this is someone who was brutally stabbed over something utterly ridiculous. It isn't something to joke about and take lightly. Making disgusting jokes not welcomed in this article. Let's keep it clean, please.Thanks / Tuan[/citation]
Would you prefer 500 "Oh my, that is horrible" replies?

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008

Do you not get what I said or you really have to ask such a ridiculous question?

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]tuannguyen[/nom]This thread is now moderated. The guys who's messages I removed, this is someone who was brutally stabbed over something utterly ridiculous. It isn't something to joke about and take lightly. Making disgusting jokes not welcomed in this article. Let's keep it clean, please.Thanks / Tuan[/citation]

You should moderate all the other comments sections then, too. Random moderating isn't going to help anything. Also, what's the problem with making light of a situation? This is Tom's Hardware, what else can we do except complain about China or Fermi (which seems to be what every other article is about)? We obviously can't get very many good articles to pass the time.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Come on guys! Tuan is right. Someone almost died. He god stabbed in the freaking SKULL.

The fact that this was over a game, well, the answer that I won't post here is self explanatory.

G

almost the same thing happened in my netcafe way back early 2000, involving counterstrike too, but an earlier version. the victim was a notorious cheater, and he got stabbed right in the middle of the game. luckily for him, he survived and lived to play again, albeit with less cheating the next time around.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]The kid needed a wall hack in real life, that way he could have seen that knife coming.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]BOOM HEADSHOT!!![/citation]
I think this an absurd situation, so perhaps it doesn't surprise me that people are making absurd comments.

Anyway, it does seem odd to me that no one has brought up the fact that there seems to be quite a hardcore gaming community in many Asian countries. If my sources are correct, many places in Korea teach children at young ages the dangers of game addiction. It is cultural? I mean the pricing model for many games is completely different in Asian countries than it is here (just look at WoW). Does it have anything to do with population and population density, that is, the percentages of hardcore gamers is essentially the same, but they are able to physically interact, and with the different gaming model, are forced together? Or are most Asian countries boring as hell once you get out of the tourist areas?

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
someone ALMOST died, they didn't and now it is funny.
this just proves cheaters never win, though a ban would have sufficed. if its worth doing, its worth overdoing. and man do the Chinese know how to overdo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.