Question CPU and fan not receiving any power?

Aug 5, 2022
I am in the process of building a computer and for some reason I cannot even get to the BIOS screen. It seems that other components of the computer are getting power, like the RAM and chassis fans, but not the CPU or its fan. When I turn on the computer, all I get is a black screen, and for some reason the power button cannot turn off the computer. So far, I have:

Double checked the cable connections, making sure everything is plugged in
Made sure to use both the 8-pin and 4-pin ports on the motherboard
Connect both a DisplayPort and an HDMI cable into the motherboard to check for signs of life

Specs:
Mobo: ROG Strix x-570
RAM: TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 8x2 GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100

The graphics card is not connected to the motherboard as of now.

I am in the process of building a computer and for some reason I cannot even get to the BIOS screen. It seems that other components of the computer are getting power, like the RAM and chassis fans, but not the CPU or its fan. When I turn on the computer, all I get is a black screen, and for some reason the power button cannot turn off the computer. So far, I have:

Double checked the cable connections, making sure everything is plugged in
Made sure to use both the 8-pin and 4-pin ports on the motherboard
Connect both a DisplayPort and an HDMI cable into the motherboard to check for signs of life

Specs:
Mobo: ROG Strix x-570
RAM: TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 8x2 GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100

The graphics card is not connected to the motherboard as of now.
There's no IGPU built in that processor so you need a dedicated graphic card.

Aug 5, 2022
If case fans spin then plug CPU fan to other header and plug case fan to CPU header and see if that changes fans behavior.
When the CPU fan and a case fan are swapped, the CPU fan spins, but not the case fan. It looks like it has something to do with that specific port. I also went ahead and tried CPU_OPT, but nothing changed.

When the CPU fan and a case fan are swapped, the CPU fan spins, but not the case fan. It looks like it has something to do with that specific port. I also went ahead and tried CPU_OPT, but nothing changed.
So both CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers don't work? Well, there is no good workaround for that. Especially if the system can't even boot to BIOS. You will need another motherboard.