[SOLVED] CPU and GPU to 100% throtteling in games

Feb 20, 2019
I am kinda lost to what I can do. I have a pretty new system (i5 8600k RX580 and 16GB ram) and I can't play any game that requires a wifi connection (like Rainbow six Siege and Apex Legends) and my GPU and CPU usage shoot up to 100% when I am playing, and my game lags so badly it becomes unplayable. This is not a thermal issue since they stay around 60 degrees. The weird thing is that this doesn't happen when I play an offline game (ex. Cities Skylines) and when I play the online games the network usage is like 2%. Can you guys help me?

snipester90

Reputable
Jan 26, 2019
This might sound stupid but are you gaming on Wi-Fi? It should be noted that multi-player on Wi-Fi is much slower and laggy than ethernet, try connecting through cable and see how games run

Feb 20, 2019
This might sound stupid but are you gaming on Wi-Fi? It should be noted that multi-player on Wi-Fi is much slower and laggy than ethernet, try connecting through cable and see how games run
Sadly I can't use any ethernet cable because there are none available. But I gamed before on the wifi and then it worked good. I even put my overclocked processor back to standard and my settings ingame to the lowest but still I have this 'bug'