Status
Not open for further replies.

conquer7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Ok, i have just built my first PC and my first motherboard was doa, so they sent me another and when i when to install my CPU, i noticed there were two small dents on booth sides of my CPU, i was wondering if my CPU will not work or the two dents dont not matter at all?
CPU = core i3 540, socket 1156

conquer7

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
when you say notch do you mean like a small hole? I think i might have caused it when i push the lever too hard, and when i say hole i don't mean right trough i just mean its kinda dented. And yes i put CPU in right in accordance with marks.

nmcwilli

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Interestingly enough this exact thing happened to me. I was very delicate inserting my processor into the slot ...

I have an 1155 socket. My processor must have been dented on the top on the left and right of the processor upon locking the processor down /w the lever.

I am also receiving a new motherboard very soon ... I hope that I do not have any issues with the processor now .

If so... I'll be calling up asus to say "what the hell" what did you casing enclosure dent my cpu.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
this reminds me of a review i read on newegg a few days ago. the guy was reviewing a motherboard and he said something like 'i dont understand how you all end up with these doa boards and or problems with the boards in general.' then he said he was over a friends house and he saw how he handled the hardware, and realized why when he saw him handling it.

just makes you wonder how many people that dont have a background in computers are putting machines together as if they were handling a stack of lumber. (maybe not - just was an interesting thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.