[SOLVED] CPU clock speed

langaler

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
hi everyone..

Was looking at the post on the new class 11 processors. For gameing purposes only.. The new I5-11400F has a clock speed of 2.6 and the I5-10400F has 2.9. Prices are reasonable for either. Why would a gamer pick the 11gen over the 10gen if clock speed is more important in gameing.? Thanks for any responces

Solution
AFAIK 11th generation CPU specs are not officially announced, so we do not know the clock speed.

Also, CPUs don't sit at the base clock anymore, they turbo. The all core turbo clock (what it actually runs at in games) is more important than the 2.6ghz or 2.9ghz base clock.

Additionally, clockspeed isn't everything. 11th generation will have a different design than 10th gen, meaning 11th generation will likely perform better even with similar or slightly lower clockspeeds.
AFAIK 11th generation CPU specs are not officially announced, so we do not know the clock speed.

Also, CPUs don't sit at the base clock anymore, they turbo. The all core turbo clock (what it actually runs at in games) is more important than the 2.6ghz or 2.9ghz base clock.

Additionally, clockspeed isn't everything. 11th generation will have a different design than 10th gen, meaning 11th generation will likely perform better even with similar or slightly lower clockspeeds.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution

langaler

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Thank you NightHawk..I was trying to decide weather to keep waiting for the new ones and when I saw the clock speeds listed I was beginning to wonder if I should or not. I'm not real smart on all this stuff so I appreciate your input.

Reactions: Dj0gany