[SOLVED] CPU Cooler

Jun 6, 2021
What cooler will fit best on this system?
CPU: I7-4790K
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 960 4GB

Solution
Hi, sorry my bad the case is a fractal design focus g mid tower. budget is up to 120$

With that kind of budget, you can get top-end air coolers. If you don't mind splurging now, you can get a beefy one now and plan to keep it through upgrades. Options that I can think of:
  • Noctua: NH-D15S, NH-U12A
  • Scythe: Fuma 2 (I suggest fan upgrade as well)
  • ID-Cooling: SE-207-XT (basically Fuma 2 with louder fans)
  • be quiet!: Dark Rock Pro 4 (163mm, YMMV)
  • Thermalright: Le Grand Macho RT, Macho Rev B
  • Corsair: A500 (162mm, YMMV)
YMMV: Deepcool Assassin III is among the best, but it measures at 165mm while your case states 164mm height CPU cooler. Ditto with Deepcool AS500 and NH-D15.

Not too experienced on AIOs...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your chassis? Your case will impeded cooler installation if it's slim in design/nature/orientation. That being said, you should be able to work with a Cryorig H7, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and any tower cooler. Can you mention the budget you've set aside for a cooler purchase? Preferred site for purchase? Your location in case sites are not possible...?

Also if you intend to overclock that platform, you will need to add more girth to the CPU cooler purchase.

Jun 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your chassis? Your case will impeded cooler installation if it's slim in design/nature/orientation. That being said, you should be able to work with a Cryorig H7, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 and any tower cooler. Can you mention the budget you've set aside for a cooler purchase? Preferred site for purchase? Your location in case sites are not possible...?

Also if you intend to overclock that platform, you will need to add more girth to the CPU cooler purchase.
Hi, sorry my bad the case is a fractal design focus g mid tower. budget is up to 120$

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

With that kind of budget, you can get top-end air coolers. If you don't mind splurging now, you can get a beefy one now and plan to keep it through upgrades. Options that I can think of:
YMMV: Deepcool Assassin III is among the best, but it measures at 165mm while your case states 164mm height CPU cooler. Ditto with Deepcool AS500 and NH-D15.

Not too experienced on AIOs, but AFAIK the difference between units in the same size is usually down to how good the stock fans are. I'm sure someone more experienced can chime in on this. That said, high-end air coolers are usually better than 240mm AIOs.

More budget options: Mugen 5, Dark Rock 4, DR Pro 3, Cryorig H5 Ultimate. I would say that a common 120mm single tower cooler can do just fine especially if you do no to small overclocking, like Hyper 212 Evo/Turbo, Gammaxx 400, Cryorig H7.

Solution
Jun 6, 2021

Not too experienced on AIOs, but AFAIK the difference between units in the same size is usually down to how good the stock fans are. I'm sure someone more experienced can chime in on this. That said, high-end air coolers are usually better than 240mm AIOs.

More budget options: Mugen 5, Dark Rock 4, DR Pro 3, Cryorig H5 Ultimate. I would say that a common 120mm single tower cooler can do just fine especially if you do no to small overclocking, like Hyper 212 Evo/Turbo, Gammaxx 400, Cryorig H7.
okay thank you for the reply :D