CPU cooling and Motherboard Really High

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
I have recently built a new computer and decided to go with watercooling for the first time. I live in a hot room well not extremely hot but these temperatures are not good for me.

Specs
AMD FX8350 Vishera Stock Clocks
EVGA Nvidia GTX 770
750w Modular Powersupply (Forgot Brand)
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P
Corsair H60 Watercooling
Loads of Corsair Case Fans inside of CoolerMaster Haf 912

The reason I'm writing this topic is that I've experienced high temps above 60* mobo and cpu, my motherboard won't leave me alone when gaming it beeps and sometimes even shutsdown. My previous computer which used air cooling hyper212+ kept my cpu at bay at about 48*c. Now when I first built the computer the cooling was perfect, really solid performance. Now I'm getting temp problems. Changed my cooler fan setup and it helped by by not letting my cpu get to 68*c anymore. but still hits 60 occasionally.

I reseated the heatsink just yesterday and nothing has changed. This is making me frustrated is it the motherboard getting to hot causing the cpu to heat up aswell. My tmpin1 idles around 56*c and floats around 73*c when gaming.. my cpu floats at 58*c when gaming at 30% cpu usage.

WgPZT6z.png

Any help is appreciated thanks. and I can post my monitoring data from hwmonitor aswell if needed.

Solution
The 212 EVO should do an excellent job keeping the CPU cool (and remain quiet at the same time), though not quite as cool as your water cooling used to but much better than it is doing currently.

They always say that water cooling can be problematic and in your case it looks like this is true sadly, I would send it back to corsair anyway if it is still under warranty just to find out what was wrong regardless.

Anyway good luck with the 212 EVO and happy gaming :D

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Yes I did. I've reseated it with different compounds as well. Not seeing any difference. I think the pump might be going as it's pumping hot liquid right back into the cpu socket. it isn't even cooling down.

Nuckles_56

Admirable
Have you checked to make sure there is sufficient air flow going through the radiator/ cleaned the dust out of the radiator, as this is the most likely reason for the water which is being pumped into the CPU cooling block still being hot.

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
I have thoroughly cleaned this cooler. It was AMAZING performance now it's idling at 50c and I changed nothing in the setting and I cleaned the radiator and all fans and installed some fans to add even more cool air intake, but no progress. and When I barely turn my pc on it's instantly 50c.

Nuckles_56

Admirable
I really am not sure as to what is could be other than the pump now, which is a real bummer really as getting a new one is expensive. Unfortunately I can't see any other solution to your problem short of the CPU temperatures being read wrong which is unlikely really.

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
I have ordered this over the weekend. Air cooling has never failed me yet. My room is hot but not hotter than 27*c and my Old Build had a 212 Plus which did Flawless on cooling the cpu. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Last time I'll go watercooling unless it's a custom block. I'm sure corsair will help me out but I'm not gonna go through the trouble with a company like corsair.

Nuckles_56

Admirable
The 212 EVO should do an excellent job keeping the CPU cool (and remain quiet at the same time), though not quite as cool as your water cooling used to but much better than it is doing currently.

They always say that water cooling can be problematic and in your case it looks like this is true sadly, I would send it back to corsair anyway if it is still under warranty just to find out what was wrong regardless.

Anyway good luck with the 212 EVO and happy gaming :D

Solution

dragoboi

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

So I did it for some giggles and put a stock heatsink fan from a fx-4150 92mm fan. And I was pretty blown away. Idling at 19*c and prime95 at 55* after 30 minutes. That's a win considering I used to hit 70*c prime95 after a minute. I'm concluding this topic with a bad pump or malfunctioning radiator as I changed nothing airflow wise in the case while putting a stock fx heatsink on. Issues are gone until my evo gets here. Cheers and happy gaming.