[SOLVED] CPU core 0 has 80-100% utilization at all times ?

Dr.Bob

Prominent
Sep 8, 2021
My CPU's core 0 has 80-100 utilization at all times.

I think it's 'cos programs have high cpu utilization when they never had it before like discord can peak at 20% usage when doing nothing in it only having it open in background. and background programs have been using alot of cpu utilization. This happened after i used ryzen master to oc to a stable 4.1ghz 1.25v when having pbo in bios disabled (idk why i used ez tuning wizard and it auto disabled i think) then reverting to default settings and then it started. I reverted to default cause a dude on yt said to not change anything in bios when having a manual oc in ryzenmaster but reverting it to default seemed to ignore my settings i had earlier before manual oc and going default.

Solution
oh
sorry i forgot r5 3600 b450 rog strix gaming-e c16 3200 vengeance 2x8gb ram and a seasonic focus-gx 650w gold rated psu. and an nvme on 500gb and a ssd boot drive on 120 gb
and a 960 2gb. also running stock cooler on cpu and a good airflow case with 2 intake 1 exhaust.
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load...
My CPU's core 0 has 80-100 utilization at all times.

I think it's 'cos programs have high cpu utilization when they never had it before like discord can peak at 20% usage when doing nothing in it only having it open in background. and background programs have been using alot of cpu utilization. This happened after i used ryzen master to oc to a stable 4.1ghz 1.25v when having pbo in bios disabled (idk why i used ez tuning wizard and it auto disabled i think) then reverting to default settings and then it started. I reverted to default cause a dude on yt said to not change anything in bios when having a manual oc in ryzenmaster but reverting it to default seemed to ignore my settings i had earlier before manual oc and going default.
specs?

Dr.Bob

Prominent
Sep 8, 2021
oh
sorry i forgot r5 3600 b450 rog strix gaming-e c16 3200 vengeance 2x8gb ram and a seasonic focus-gx 650w gold rated psu. and an nvme on 500gb and a ssd boot drive on 120 gb
and a 960 2gb. also running stock cooler on cpu and a good airflow case with 2 intake 1 exhaust.

Last edited:
oh
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced power plan, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution