Seth_31

Reputable
May 11, 2017
Hello. So, I was going to transfer my system to another case. I took out the mobo, cpu still installed, and thought to clean it. I used a blower to clean it (don't know why I thought that was a good idea). After the transfer, turned it on and it won't boot. Everything powers and lights up. Checked status leds and cpu led is on. That means something's wrong with the cpu, or it's dead? Checked the cpu and it was stuck hard to the cooler. Carefully removed it, repaste, then reseat. Tried clearing cmos, leaving only one memory stick, reseating everything. Is the cpu dead? If not, can it be fixed?

Ryzen 5 3600
Aorus b450 pro
16gb 3200mhz
Gtx 1070

@Seth_31 :

Troubleshoot it the same as any other new system build that won't boot:

If after all checks and tests it still won't work it's possible that you damaged something with an electrostatic discharge. While things are built with protections so they're more robust, it can still happen. Especially when blowing off with air, which can naturally build a large electrostatic charge.

Reactions: Seth_31

Seth_31

Reputable
May 11, 2017
@Seth_31 :

Troubleshoot it the same as any other new system build that won't boot:

If after all checks and tests it still won't work it's possible that you damaged something with an electrostatic discharge. While things are built with protections so they're more robust, it can still happen. Especially when blowing off with air, which can naturally build a large electrostatic charge.
Tried all the troubleshooting. So, there is a big chance the cpu was damaged. It can't be fixed if it was from an electrostatic discharge?