Question CPU EZ Debug Light

Mar 19, 2024
Hi guys,

My nephew's PC turns on (fans spinning, RGBs working, GPU light on, monitor and HDMI cable perfectly fine), but it doesn't post and the motherboard's EZ Debug LED for CPU is constantly on. I already ensured that every single connector and cable was plugged in firmly to the correct slot/socket, confirmed that no CPU pin is bent (even reinstalled the CPU with new thermal paste), had the 2 RAM sticks swap slots, did several BIOS resets, and replaced the CMOS battery with a brand new one (old one died on me while troubleshooting). What other remedies or steps can I do to possibly fix this issue before deciding to replace the CPU (and/or motherboard)? If it helps, here's the build:
Mobo: MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 RS XXX 4GB
RAM: HyperX Fury 2666MHz 8GB x 2 DDR4
SSD: Colorful CN600 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM010 1TB SATA
Cooler: Thermalright Assassin Spirit 120
Case: Inplay Meteor M30 mATX
PSU: (something) 600W Non-modular

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Bill-X

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: (something) 600W Non-modular
You should clarify what the make and model of the unit is. Please include the age of the unit as well.

See if you can drop your processor onto a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version on it) and see if the same issue crops up on said donor platform. Your motherboard doesn't have a BIOS flashback or recovery option, which is why you're relegated to sourcing(borrow, not buy) spare parts to troubleshoot.