[SOLVED] Cpu fan always running at max speed

Solution
You will have to search the BIOS for any possible fan tuning/temp curves/ behavior...

Or, default the BIOS to defaults, I'd be surprised if the 'auto' function was not best, assuming all chipset drivers are installed, which san also regulate or override normal behavior...
You will have to search the BIOS for any possible fan tuning/temp curves/ behavior...

Or, default the BIOS to defaults, I'd be surprised if the 'auto' function was not best, assuming all chipset drivers are installed, which san also regulate or override normal behavior...

Solution
Jul 31, 2020
I have the same problem on my i5-4690 with ECS H81H3-MV mb, using stock cooler (4 pin) but fans kept spinning like crazy (3k rpm), temps were normal. Smart Fan was enabled by default, i didn't change anything, HWMonitor shows Fan Control at 0.0% (Fan Control 1), Fan Control 2 & 3 disabled, of course i plugged the 4 pin to CPU-FAN header. I tried using Cooler Master i30 (3 pin), same result. Of course it's not a problem when it's idle, but when under heavy load is what worries me the most. I had a very similar case on my old i5-2400, temps rose up to 85°C when gaming and my motherboard gave me warning beeps, the problem was solved by upgrading to i5-3470 with brand new motherboard, but in my current case i don't think i can afford new cpu or mb as i recently bought this i5-4690 + mb. This is so frustrating.