[SOLVED] CPU fan fail warning activated or disabled ?

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Should CPU fan fail warning or even sys fan fail warning be enabled or disabled ? this feature helps or it can lead to more problems than helping to solve any problem ? never activated this feature before , only is the second desktop motherboard that I have anyways and I would like to hear some experiences with this option enabled .

PC SPECS:
AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz
Gigabyte b450 gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU cooler - Vetroo v5
Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled
XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4gb
Bitfenix formula gold 550w
3 hdd´s from WD ,(1 wd green , 1wd black ,1 wd blue)
1 ssd ( kingston a400 120gb)

Solution
Should CPU fan fail warning or even sys fan fail warning be enabled or disabled ?
this feature helps or it can lead to more problems than helping to solve any problem ?
Set cpu fan fail warning to enabled.
It will stop boot process, if fan failure is detected or cpu fan not connected.
It will save your cpu from overheating.

Sys fan fail warning is not so important. You may not have all sys fan headers used (fan connected to it).
Should CPU fan fail warning or even sys fan fail warning be enabled or disabled ?
this feature helps or it can lead to more problems than helping to solve any problem ?

Sys fan fail warning is not so important. You may not have all sys fan headers used (fan connected to it).

Solution

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

thank you for your answer , I have 1 fan on sys fan 2 header that´s why I was asking about that too , the other (3 fans) are connected to the case controller