Apr 22, 2018
Hi brothers,
I am in serious trouble and need ur guys' help. The pc specs are:
i7 3770
Intel manufactured mobo
8 gigs ram
Gtx 1060 6gb (zotac blower edition)
Hec raptor 500w psu
So I have played lots of games and although the temp of cpu reached somewhat 84 C max in games like gta v on stock cooler but it was okay. Today I was playing cs go for an hour then shut down the computer and then did not turn it in an hour but after that I turned it on and everything was fine and as I was scrolling through the task manager (which showed 1% disk usage ) my computer suddenly froze and after 1 or 2 minutes there was no signal from pc on the monitor. I rebooted but this time no signal at all although the cpu fan, case fan were running with all the motherboard lights on.
One important thing that I only bought the gpu brand new and everyting else is used. I know the psu is not that appealing.
Plz help because I just finished my exams and dont want to go to depression because of my pc. Thanks in advance.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
try it from the motherboard vga or HDMI output and see if you get signal or try with Another Graphics card if yo u got any. 84 c is not a good temp to run at for long time. do you got any other psu to test with?

somethings you could try

take one ram stick out and run with one stick if you got 2x4 gb

remove cmos battery and put back in after a few seconds

unplug computer and hold the Power button for 30 seconds then plug Power back in and start it

check the Cables from the psu to , motherboard, and Graphics card is fully in

unplug the Power Cable to the hdd

arm0ghan17

Commendable
Apr 22, 2018
I really really appreciate your help but the steps u've mention are way far from my reach as I don't have an extra GPU nor a PSU. But this link although its very old but old is gold https://ccm.net/forum/affich-28931-no-display-in-monitor#25
Was very helpful. I actually tried using another monitor through VGA on my motherboard and same monitor too but it didn't work. So then as per this link I cleaned the ram slots, the ram sticks and the GPU slot and GPU as well. But well before that I made sure that the CPU connector was clean and well in contact. Although the ram and gpu slots looked clean and earlier I have had issues with these two being dirty and for that I had beep codes. But this time there were not any beep codes so I guess it must be the CPU connector. But just wanted to know that what caused my PC to freeze suddenly?
Thanks.