Question CPU getting up to 85°C while gaming?

Mar 9, 2019
I have a Asus ROG laptop, brand new. Had it less than a month. There’s hardly anything on it, all I’ve used it for so far is sims 4. I have the base game and one expansion pack, and once I start up the game it’ll run about 3-4 minutes and I’ll check the cpu and gpu temps from the gaming center and they’re already at 70-75 Celsius. Give it another 10 minutes and it’s at 82-85 celsius and the temp numbers are red. The keys and basically the whole computer is also burning hot to the touch. And don’t even get me started on the sound of the fan. Sounds like it’s about to blow up. 🙄

I also have a cooling pad with 5 fans that are doing their job because I’m sitting over here shaking from the cold air, but the temps aren’t budging. What in the world do I need to do without having to disassemble it or taking it to someone and paying a few hundred more just to get it to run properly?

Edit: also, the cpu temp while idling is 50-60°

Mar 2, 2019
I wasn't too concerned about the 70-75 range while gaming, since it is a laptop. However, those idle temperatures seem a little high, even for a laptop. I would try contacting the people you got it from and see what they can do about it, unless someone else here disagrees. Again, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't personally be okay with those temperatures.

Mar 9, 2019
I wasn't too concerned about the 70-75 range while gaming, since it is a laptop. However, those idle temperatures seem a little high, even for a laptop. I would try contacting the people you got it from and see what they can do about it, unless someone else here disagrees. Again, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't personally be okay with those temperatures.
I wouldn’t be so concerned with the temp while gaming if it wasn’t for the fan noise. It just makes it seem like it is about to explode from the sound and intrudes on the volume of the game. Idling does go down to 45-50 but fluctuates randomly.