[SOLVED] CPU idling at 70c when playing games gets to 95c-98c

Apr 24, 2022
So i recently ran into this issue. it started with me getting little to no frames in Valorant (10-30 fps) and then escalated to my system promting me with cpu temp warnings. After having these issues i dusted my AIO and fans and re-applied thermal paste (Corsair XTM50). Currently typing this i am idling at 69c-70c.

GPU:RTX 3070
CPU: ryzen 5 5600X (no overclocking)
RAM: 64 GB Corsair vengeance rgb 3600 MGHZ
MOTHERBOARD: MSI - MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (Socket AM4) USB-C Gen2 AMD Motherboard
CASE: NZXT H510B W1 ATX mid
AIO: NZXT Kraken M22 (single fan 120mm)
CASE FANS: 3 total (2 on the front of the case pulling air in and the one on the AIO pulling air out, this may be where my problem is but unsure)
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 750 Watt

I have tried to update drivers, clear computer of unnecessary background tasks, limited my startup tasks, and more but have been unsuccessful. I know that AMD chipsets run hot but i feel like something more is going on behind the scenes

Solution
Aio pump longevity, looks like it's clogged or failed, and limited case air flow. Reasons enough to change case and opt for tower cooler instead because pumps will eventually fail, 2~3 years into service. It's something i wouldn't appreciate looming over my thoughts.

https://noctua.at/en/nh-u12a-chromax-black

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Aio pump longevity, looks like it's clogged or failed, and limited case air flow. Reasons enough to change case and opt for tower cooler instead because pumps will eventually fail, 2~3 years into service. It's something i wouldn't appreciate looming over my thoughts.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
NZXT Kraken M22
This unit, along with Enermax Liqtech I&II and Msi MAG & MPG Coreliquid, all have a common issue with clogging up early - the coolant is either dirty, or it does not contain the necessary biocides that delay the buildup of algae/sludge over time.
Swap in another cooler or the Wraith cooler, if you still have it. Don't bother getting a replacement M22, as it'll probably happen again.

Reactions: boju
Apr 24, 2022

so I would agree with this except i bought the pc less than 9 months ago, you think it is still worth it to upgrade to a new case and a better AIO and if so any recommendations on the AIO (with the case I am either going to do a lian li or a Corsair 5000D)

Apr 24, 2022
Forget water. That Noctua cooler will do better and last a lifetime. I've had the pleasure of working with 3 of Lian Li Mesh Performance case and love it. Very well built and has built-in fan controller.

yea right now with my current budget I'm trying to fix what i have currently. later down the road i might opt to have a heat sink rather than cooling but do you have any idea of what I may be able to change? I know that heat sinks aren't expensive or hard to install for that matter but buying and installing a new component into my build isn't really something I have the time for

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If you wish to fix your temperature issue then replacing it is the only way forward. Sorry for being obvious, but, having your best interests at heart, you will be better off and sooner you get it done, the better you'll feel.

Apr 24, 2022
If you wish to fix your temperature issue then replacing it is the only way forward. Sorry for being obvious, but, having your best interests at heart, you will be better off and sooner you get it done, the better you'll feel.
i was afraid of that but i appreciate your honesty. thanks for taking the time to help me out it really means a lot

Reactions: boju