CPU, MotherBoard or 4 pin power supply?

kdsres

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Computer was on standby, then just turned off, and would not start again. Removed all power connectors, and tested the power supply, and it is fine, plug in the 20+4, and the SATA hard drive, and the fans start up, so plugged in the 4 pin CPU power and it would not start at all. Removed motherboard, checked for connector pins that might be touching, but saw none that were long enough to touch the case or each other.

It is an EVGA 610i motherboard, and Intel Pentium 4 Extreme 3.75 ghz processor.

Everything works until the CPU power pins are plugged in, then a quick flash from LED's and then, NADA!
It never powers up enough to test, or listen for beeps. Is this the motherboard do you think, or has my CPU died?
I don't know how to test the 4 pin part of the power supply to be sure it is working.

Power supply is a Demon 480 watt ATX , with dual fans and LED's on the external fan.

Any suggestions?
kdsres

kdsres

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011

It has a PNY GeForce FX5200 256 MB graphics card. Tried 3 different power supplies, and the same happened on each one.
Plug in, push button, led's light for just a quick flash, then nothing. Push button again, nothing happens. Unplug. Plug. Push button, lights flash, then nothing. Pretty sure it is the motherboard, but am going to try another CPU also. Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS