Question CPU overclock all the time?

Feb 23, 2019
Hello is my cpu overclocking all the time? My cpu speed is always at this level or evena little higher when i'm idling or playing games is this normal?
15etret.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Define idle.

Bios has settings, many are eco or power saving settings like speedstep or EIST. Many are not, like turbo boost. If you disable all those eco settings and manually set speeds and voltages, the resultant OC is a constant speed idle will be defined as a 0-5% workload at speed.

If you leave some at least of the eco settings, like EIST or speedstep, and just OC the turbo, then idle will be defined as a 0-5% workload at the eco set speed.

Reactions: shurvir
Feb 23, 2019
Define idle.

Bios has settings, many are eco or power saving settings like speedstep or EIST. Many are not, like turbo boost. If you disable all those eco settings and manually set speeds and voltages, the resultant OC is a constant speed idle will be defined as a 0-5% workload at speed.

If you leave some at least of the eco settings, like EIST or speedstep, and just OC the turbo, then idle will be defined as a 0-5% workload at the eco set speed.
Idle to me is some lite internet use i generally have a few tabs up like for ex maybe 2 or 3 tabs.