Sep 26, 2015
My pc specs are
Desktop PC not a laptop
AMD ryzen 5 1600x
RX 570
Cooler master golden edition 600w I am running two monitors
16GB RAM DDR4 2666
Motherboard AsRock A320M

When I play Total war Warhammer II after like 2 hours constantly or more my both monitors just shut down and I can hear my pc still working. I force shut down and power it back on
View: https://imgur.com/a/uijYmkT
I took a screenshot while in-game with temperature measured so you guys can have a better look.

This is the only game that caused my PC to shut down no others I can play world of warcraft for like 5 or 6 hours this won't happen, I can . is it overheating?

ShadowRD

Distinguished
May 3, 2016
My pc specs are
Desktop PC not a laptop
AMD ryzen 5 1600x
RX 570
Cooler master golden edition 600w I am running two monitors
16GB RAM DDR4 2666
Motherboard AsRock A320M

When I play Total war Warhammer II after like 2 hours constantly or more my both monitors just shut down and I can hear my pc still working. I force shut down and power it back on
View: https://imgur.com/a/uijYmkT
I took a screenshot while in-game with temperature measured so you guys can have a better look.

This is the only game that caused my PC to shut down no others I can play world of warcraft for like 5 or 6 hours this won't happen, I can . is it overheating?

Why do you think it is cpu overheating if the max temp is just 75c?

What says in event viewer at the restart moment?

Could be a display driver problem, psu or memory ram.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have a Ryzen. I'd recommend you use Ryzen Master or HWInfo (sensors only) for temps as HWMonitor is somewhat unreliable and can show anomalies.

As to monitor shutdowns, that's almost always a gpu overheat not a cpu overheat. With a cpu overheat, first you'll get very slow as the cpu throttles back on voltages and speeds to try and manage the temps, if that fails the pc shuts down entirely.

First, I'd make sure your bios is fully updated, there's been plenty of bug fixes and optimizations since the release of your chip/chipset. In bios, it'll show you the revision number of your bios, write that down. Then goto the motherboard manufactures website and in the support section you'll find the bios updates. Starting from your personal bios number, start reading the notes of the newer revisions. You'll most likely need to update to a slightly newer revision, then media package, then newer revisions etc. At some point you'll probably see support for the 3000 cpus. Stop there, you will not need further updates as you do not have a 3000 series cpu.

This can/will fix many overheat/compatability issues.

You have 2 fans running. This does not mean they are effective. Air must go in, then come out. So direction of flow is more important than the flow itself. You'll need a fan(fans) blowing in the front and a fan blowing out the rear/top-rear. 4 in total is ideal. That's not including the fan/s on the cpu cooler. 2 in, 2 out. If you only have room for 1 in, 1 out, that's all you can do. But you do need airflow to supply both the cpu and gpu with cooler air and exhaust any heat.

Aug 20, 2020
As i am a hardware shop owner, i can suggest you two thing one thing just check your driver it can be outdated or crashed due to some of the unwanted application or you can use Ryzen Master or HWInfo they are one type of sensorss for temps as HWMonitor is somewhat unreliable and can show anomalies. It will help you to fix the error.
- Techgfi.com