[SOLVED] CPU Overheating :( Need Assistance

Sector9t9

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
I've just built myself a new gaming PC annnd yes it is my first time. These are my specs.

Case: MSI MAG 010 Vampiric
MB: Aorus B450 Elite (AM4)
Thermpaste: Arctic MX-4
PSU: Corsair VS550W 80Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-3600MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: AMD Stealth (stock)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT OC

My CPU is heating to about 92-100 degrees when I run IntelBurnTest on High. I'm not sure if this is normal as I am using the stock cooler or I did something really wrong. My idle temps sit around 42-45 degrees. I haven't tested any games as I wanted to ensure my system was stable before doing anything significant.

At the moment I have 2 intake fans at the front and 1 extraction at the back. I plan on mounting an extraction fan at the top to improve airflow.

I have tried:
  • Repasting the CPU by removing the stock thermal paste = 2 - 3 degrees improvement.
  • I then repasted as I was unsure if I did it correctly = no improvement.
  • Reinstalling the cooler = no improvement
  • Disabled PBO

I would really appreciate some advice. I thought the stock cooler would do just fine as I never planned to overclock the system.

P.s I haven't overclocked.

Sector9t9

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
But should it really spike that high? I plan on doing some CPU intensive work like working simulated networks in GNS3.

I think I'll give these things a go and see how my temps look like rather than using a stress test.

Case airflow is probably not very great judging by the looks of the case, but it should not be that bad.

I would test your CPU thermals in games and see what they are. Maybe test Prime 95 to see what they are. Use Ryzen master for temp monitoring.

I have never ran intel burn test on a Ryzen CPU so I'm not sure how it responds.

Sector9t9

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Smallest FFTs and Small FFTs results in an instant shoot up to 95+ degrees.

Large FFTs results in 66-70 degrees.

Used Torture Threads 12.

Used Ryzen Master and HWinfo to validate. They both show the same temps.

The case airflow is decent, nothing too fancy. It surely can't be the sole reason for high temps? The GPU remains at 73 degrees max during stress testing.

Sector9t9

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Gave Cinebench R20 a shot, still 90+ Degrees. :(

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Will still try games/programs etc to see how it responds.

What coolers do you recommend? I am in the UK.

Sector9t9

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
There is nothing special with that temperature. If you play high-level game then the temperature will go like this

Oh no. That temperature is dangerously high and affects the life span of the CPU; which I very much intend to keep for a long time.

The only good news here is that those are synthetic benchmarks - not gaming.

So far the temps (while gaming) lurk around 66 - 70 in non cpu intensive games and 73 - 80 in cpu intensive games.