Question CPU Overheating randomly

Jul 26, 2020
CPU : AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core 4.21 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Gforce GTX 1080 8Gb
Ram: 8Gb DDR4
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster AIO waater cooler

Recently my CPU started overheating (or at least it says it is) and giving me the CPU Error upon start but the weird thing is once I start fidgeting with the cables in the computer it eventually starts working again and it stops overheating and acts like nothing happened...

I have no idea what it is that sets it off but usually happens once I turn the pc on and off generally between me going to bed. I have taken the fans and the radiator out and cleaned it so it's not that for sure and I try fidgeting the CPU fan connector and move the actual water cables and then eventually it starts working. Now is this a sensor error or a CPU error or a cooler error I'm not sure but I wanna get it fixed as its a nuisance tho my pc eventually works after a bit of messing about.

Ps. This is my first post so I apologize if I messed up or left something out.

@Kurusaki_Fox

I suspect your water pump is not working well. This could be due to a worn out pump or it could be gunk in the lines (normally corrosion). When you fidget with the cables you create just enough vibration that it kick starts the pump. Next time this happens, try tapping on the pump housing and see if that fixes it was well.

Jul 26, 2020
If you still have the stock cooler or access to another cooler then I would swap out the AIO and see if things stabilize...it's likely the AIO is dying.

Unfortunately, I don't have any spears hanging around... However, could you suggest any sort of cooler to replace it with? The budget is below 100 euros. It's very annoying so imma have to change it at this stage.

Aug 1, 2020

Recently my CPU started overheating (or at least it says it is) and giving me the CPU Error upon start but the weird thing is once I start fidgeting with the cables in the computer it eventually starts working again and it stops overheating and acts like nothing happened...

I have no idea what it is that sets it off but usually happens once I turn the pc on and off generally between me going to bed. I have taken the fans and the radiator out and cleaned it so it's not that for sure and I try fidgeting the CPU fan connector and move the actual water cables and then eventually it starts working. Now is this a sensor error or a CPU error or a cooler error I'm not sure but I wanna get it fixed as its a nuisance tho my pc eventually works after a bit of messing about.

Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z its sound like the configuration of the fan setting during launch and shut down not right or retaining its configuration which point to Armourcrate software or bios not talking to each other which maybe the real Issue.

check your bio Q fan settings then compare them to your Armour crate fan tunning settings.
it maybe set one way in the bios and another in the Armour crate fan tunning. thats causing your system to overheat.

if that the case its usually software corruption going on with the Armour crate software.

you didn't mention if you've removed and re-applied thermal compound?

TRENDING THREADS