Sep 12, 2022
So my pc blue screened a couple of times while playing games and I went looking for the problem, it was my CPU overheating, so I dusted my PC and went into the bios and changed fan speeds. While in there I saw the Intel rapid storage technology and decided to turn it on, after getting out of the bios I noticed my HDD disappeared but the temps were normal. I then went back to turn it off so my HDD would come back and the temps went back up??? idk what the problem is here it doesn't make sense to me.

So my pc blue screened a couple of times while playing games and I went looking for the problem, it was my CPU overheating, so I dusted my PC and went into the bios and changed fan speeds. While in there I saw the Intel rapid storage technology and decided to turn it on, after getting out of the bios I noticed my HDD disappeared but the temps were normal. I then went back to turn it off so my HDD would come back and the temps went back up??? idk what the problem is here it doesn't make sense to me.

Happy to help, but would like some information first.
What are you using to test the temperatures? What CPU, and what CPU cooler do you have?
What are the temperatures, and what was the CPU load at the time of said temperature?

Sep 12, 2022
Happy to help, but would like some information first.
What are you using to test the temperatures? What CPU, and what CPU cooler do you have?
What are the temperatures, and what was the CPU load at the time of said temperature?
Using HWmonitor I have a 10900k with a dark rock pro 4 on it. During idle I'm seeing it at around 60 and when I launch the game I was playing it jumps straight up to 100, it could be higher cause the program seems to cap at 100 I think.

Using HWmonitor I have a 10900k with a dark rock pro 4 on it. During idle I'm seeing it at around 60 and when I launch the game I was playing it jumps straight up to 100, it could be higher cause the program seems to cap at 100 I think.

Have you overclocked your CPU at all? Either through BIOS or an overclocking software in windows?

The DRP4 should be perfectly adequate for cooling your CPU.
That idle temp is concerning, could be a physical issue with your cooler. It could be loose, or bad paste.

Sep 12, 2022
Have you overclocked your CPU at all? Either through BIOS or an overclocking software in windows?

That idle temp is concerning, could be a physical issue with your cooler. It could be loose, or bad paste.
idk how to overclock so I don't really know, I get 5ghz on all cores from what I can see, and I checked my cooler after seeing this problem and reapplied thermal paste just in case so that should be fine too

Sep 12, 2022

I turned on the OC lock in the bios and the temps are back to normal. I think it was OCing without me knowing so it seems to be fine for now