Question cpu probably dead

Apr 12, 2022
was doing some research and it turns out amd's ryzen 5000 series processors have just unexpectedly died, now that article was posted feb of 2021 so youd assume they fixed the problem. either they did and i got a bad cpu or the cpus are still dying and they didnt fix it. i returned my mobo, because it looks like a display issue but with more research im almost certain its my cpu so could this be the issue? im not getting any display and ive tried everything i can do so is it worth sending it back?

system specs
mobo- asus rog strix b550-f (wifi)
gpu- msi gaming geforce rtx 3050
ram- corsair vengence pro 32 gigs (2x 16 gigs)
psu- corsair cx650 80+ bronze
cpu- amd ryzen 5 5600x
ssd- Corsair Force Series MP600 2TB Gen4 PCIe X4 NVMe M.2 SSD
also monitor (if anyone needs)- asus vg248qg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, a few instances here and there of CPUs dying. It is multiple chips and there is a lot going on under there.

The most common problem I have seen is memory channels dying. Try taking out memory sticks and moving them around to the different slots. If it won't boot with two sticks, but will with one, or two sticks in the same channel, then it has a dead channel.

Apr 12, 2022
i have tried moving the memory sticks around and nothing is booting, i also received a new mobo from asus because they found a problem with it and i also returned the gpu but they said there was no problem. ive reseated most of the components that can be reseated to fix a problem (ram, gpu etc) and its still not working so i think it could be the cpu, thanks for the help :)

TRENDING THREADS